View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2006, 08:22 PM

Otis has had sickness over weekend (vomiting, a bit grumpy - vet visit needed?)

Hi guys - sorry haven't posted for ages - hope i can still seek some advice.

Otis (17 month old staff) has been a bit 'off' over the weekend. He was sick on Friday night at 11pm. I thought he might have just eaten something dodgy on our walk so thought nothing of it. Then her was sick twice yesterday afternoon - this time i thought it might be because he was in the sun too much. Well he has just been sick again. So in total he has been sick 4 times since friday night. But not continuously.

What should i do? I still have been feeding him his burns because i thought they were all isolated incidents. He is also drinking well.

Is it worth a visit to the vets?

jodiexx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
As he's hydrating ok, I wouldn't panic too much. However, if you're worried, then only a vet can put your mind at rest. Good luck honey and keep us posted.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Sorry Otis is poorly I would think if he isn't better by tomorrow ring the vets to see what they think,is he being lethargic,or is he like his normal self,hope he gets well soon.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys.

He was his normal self friday and saturday, but he has been really grumpy today. He keeps grabbing my hands and biting them (not viciously) and his head feels hot. he is now sleeping on his cushion.

jx
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 08:36 PM
hi otis my mishka isn't feeling well either ,at least your dog is eating & drinking ,mishka wont eat or drink hardly ,will go on her walk but not much enthusiasm there ,just laying about & sleeping
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2006, 08:39 PM
oh im sorry to hear about your doggy too. Try putting some honey in her water to get her to drink , if that fails i get s syringe from a pet shop, fill it with water and put honey on the end so she will lick it and then push the water in her mouth. Hope both our dogs get better soon. i hate it when they are ill. makes me worry so much.

jodie x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi jodie Hope Otis is better this morning..

If he has been sick since Friday even if it is not continuous you need to see a vet particularly if he looks uncomfortable/unwell/not pooing .Otis may have eaten something that is causing a blockage.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2006, 11:41 AM
hi jodie hows otis today ,hope hes better than my mishka ,shes still poorly & down but vets given her antibiotics & pro-kolin ,as had diarrhoea & vomiting still last night & this am ,i am praying she dosent have a blockage. keep us informed on your boy hun
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks for kind words - otis seems ok this morning. Ate his breakfast as normal - he never seems to go off his food!!

and was begging for my lunch. He has been pooing normal so maybe i will see what he is like tonight and then decide if he needs to go to the vets.

jodie xx
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Well Otis had been sick again when i got in from work yesterday so i went to the vets. Flippin pointless!!

I never feel he really listens to what i say to him. He gave otis an injection to stiop the inflamation in his tummy and gave him Hill ID prescription food for a couple of days.

I told him otis was only being sick at night and was still himself generally apart from being grumpy and biting my hand all the time. He said he has probably just eaten something that didnt agree with him.

Well no sickness last night, but i can tell otis is not happy cos when he is sitting on the sofa with me, he keeps grabbing my hands and biting them!

jx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >