Our sister sites
Our sister sites
debandsi
New Member!
Female 

04-09-2010, 08:50 PM

Newbie with a sad tale to tell.

Hi to all,

My name is Debbie and my husband is called Simon. We have two dogs a Great Dane and a Staffie, we have no children so the dogs are our world and our life, we also walk my mums two dogs a Weimaraner and a staffie.

On Wed 1st Sept 2010, we was out walking our dogs when we asked why had we tied our Weimaraner up in the woods, when we challenged the man what he was on about, to our horror he told us there was a Weimaraner tied up in the woods. On investigating this we came across a Weimaraner that was tied up with barbed wire fencing round his neck he had clearly been neglected, emaciated, cuts on his elbow, bald tail, an old injury resulting in the tip of his ear missing.

To cut a long story short, my husband went home for a small portion of food to give the dog (did not want to give him to much all at once) a kind lady went to the nearest house for a drink of water and we telephoned for help. A local vets came out to pick the dog up and he received treatment, but unfortunately he has had to go to our local dogs home incase his rightful owners come forward for him, he has to stay there legally for 7 days incase his owners come forward for him. He was chipped to a charity dogs home (not sure if I can mention names) but when he was rehomed they did not re-register the chip, so no address for the owners of the dog.

In the hour and a half I was with the dog I absolutely fell in love with him, but unfortunately one of my mums dogs does not get on with other dogs so I cannot take him on after the 7 days at the dogs home if the owners do not pick him up. Not that I think for one moment that they will pick him up. The dog seems to get on with other dogs as he was fine with mine in the time we was with him.

I would put him between 6-8 years old, castrated male.

Do not want to even think about this dogs fate after the 7 days, but will do anything to give him a better life, he has obviously not had a good time in life that he has already been in a dogs home, then to be left in the way and state he is in now, then to end up back in another dogs home. Just wondering if anyone could give him a good home, would like to keep in touch with who ends up with him. Cannot stop crying about him, stomach doing somersaults.

North West location.

I have got some photos of him, that were taken on the scene but may be too distressing to put on here.

Sorry for the long winded tale and thank you for listening.

Emails welcome.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Bless How horrible!

If he is registered at a charity dog rescue place, they technically should take him back as when I adopted Harley, and as far as I'm aware, this is how all rescues work, if I couldn't have him any longer, it is in my contract to give him back to the rescue I got him from.
debandsi
New Member!
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Bless How horrible!

If he is registered at a charity dog rescue place, they technically should take him back as when I adopted Harley, and as far as I'm aware, this is how all rescues work, if I couldn't have him any longer, it is in my contract to give him back to the rescue I got him from.
Thank you so much for your reply.

But my fear is that, the charity home was so irresponsible in the first place by not re-registering his chip to the new owners of the dog, do not feel as though they are fit enough to have him back to make more money out of him again, just want him to go to a loving home.
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:11 PM
The poor boy. I hope no one dares to try and claim him. Unless it's so they can receive the same treatment....

And poor you for having to go through this as well. It must be heartbreaking so desperately wanting to home a dog but not being in a position to.

At least you helped to get him out of a terrible situation.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:14 PM
the charity home should however know who the new owner was.... and maybe the police can do something about these people... surely there are laws in the UK about abandonment????

I really hope he finds his forever home!!!!
debandsi
New Member!
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by LittleMonkies View Post
The poor boy. I hope no one dares to try and claim him. Unless it's so they can receive the same treatment....

And poor you for having to go through this as well. It must be heartbreaking so desperately wanting to home a dog but not being in a position to.

At least you helped to get him out of a terrible situation.
Sort of wishing I had never started this thread now, thank you so much for your lovely reply, more tears again. So many people keep telling me that god sent me to help, but surely if there was a god people would not do this to poor defensless animals.
debandsi
New Member!
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by cintvelt View Post
the charity home should however know who the new owner was.... and maybe the police can do something about these people... surely there are laws in the UK about abandonment????

I really hope he finds his forever home!!!!
Sorry my head is in a mess and I did not explain properly, when he was last in the charity dogs home, they chipped him and registered the charity dogs home address on his chip. When new owners were found for him they did not re-register his chip with the new owners details, so hence when the vet came out to help him, he was scanned for a chip and the address came up as the charity dog home and they have admitted that they did not re-register his chip to new owners.

Just feel he deserves a better life than what he has had.

Keep telling my doggies how lucky they are, 3 meals a day, orthopaedic beds, but still prefer our sofas, sleep in our bed, swimming twice a week, 3 walks a day, doggy holidays.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by debandsi View Post
Sort of wishing I had never started this thread now, thank you so much for your lovely reply, more tears again. So many people keep telling me that god sent me to help, but surely if there was a god people would not do this to poor defensless animals.
You did a good thing for that dog and Im sure there will be other good people out there willing to give the poor lad a second chance. Im not a religious person in the slightest but god didnt do this, a person did. I dont believe god controls the actions of people. Thats free will. But if there is a god, Im sure the cruel person that left him will get their punishment! Big hugs to you.
debandsi
New Member!
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
You did a good thing for that dog and Im sure there will be other good people out there willing to give the poor lad a second chance. Im not a religious person in the slightest but god didnt do this, a person did. I dont believe god controls the actions of people. Thats free will. But if there is a god, Im sure the cruel person that left him will get their punishment! Big hugs to you.
Thank you for your kind words and hugs.

Will only rest when I can see the boy free and in a good home.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:37 PM
this must be very upsetting for you... but know that you did great!!!!!

To be honest, I'm amazed that the charity home can give the police no info about who picked up the dog.... here you need to fill in a huge number of forms if you want to rescue a dog... and have to agree that if you can no longer take care of said dog that you will return it to that charity.... therefore if an abandoned dog is found, even if the chip has not been registered to the new owners (which is often the case as the real ownership remains with the charity... hence the agreement that you'll take it back if you can't look after it anymore), the charity has all the paperwork, names and addresses of the "owners", and the police can take action.... if the dog has been passed around since leaving the charity... all "new homes" he has been to get real trouble as the chip registration clearly states that the only re-home possible must be through the charity on the chip....

is it different in the UK?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >