Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 10:52 AM

A Narrow Escape !

I feel so stupid and angry with myself now but hindsight is a wonderful thing !

I went to our local shop , just one shop on its own to get a Sunday paper and took Tom and Bella with me.

There is a lampost on the little carpark in front of the shop , I normally loop the leads round there and go in , the door is open so I can see them.

This morning the lampost was gone apparently blown down with the winds.

I looped the leads round the handle of the bin and went to get the paper.

Next thing , lots of noise and I ran out to find Tom and Bella still attached to the bin and in the middle of the road in a real panic. One of my walking friends had appeared with her grey and it spooked Tom as he must have not see her appraoch and he made a run for it taking the bin and Bella with him.

Fortunately no cars coming , I ran into the road grabbed the bin and led the dogs back to safety.

Lesson learned do not attach the dogs to the bin , I didnt realise it wasnt fixed down, both are fine and Bella did no damage to her stiched leg , I just cant think how I would have felt if there had been a car coming, luckily its a quiet road and it was Sunday so even less traffic, I feel so awful about what could have happened to my precious doggies.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh dear.. what a fright. Shouldn't most shops have a tie out for dogs?

I know one near my parents who has the old ones, where people used to fasten their horses, still - they are great, you don't need to tie - just loop the handle around the circle and the dogs can't get out.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh dear.. what a fright. Shouldn't most shops have a tie out for dogs?

I know one near my parents who has the old ones, where people used to fasten their horses, still - they are great, you don't need to tie - just loop the handle around the circle and the dogs can't get out.
No this one doesnt but he is now getting one fitted ! Lots of us used the lampost !
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 11:58 AM
How scary, glad to hear they are both ok. Thats nice that the shop are going to put in somewhere for you to tie up the dogs in future
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Glad to hear you were fortunate in your dogs not being run over! Could have been a lot worse. Heard about a dog being run over and killed in the same situation but as you say hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Our local newsagents has a hook for tying dogs up but I can only specualte that the owner of the shop doesn't like dogs as it is 5 feet up the wall! If I tied Cherry and Parker up to this they would hang themselves!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Am glad you're all ok and the shopkeeper is going to put a hook there(not too high up hopefully).
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 12:36 PM
God what a fright both you and they must of had, lucky no one or the dogs were hurt.

Glad to hear shopkeeper is going to but a tie ring up
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks everybody , I am so mad with myself for letting it happen and trying not to think about what could have happened , we were so lucky it was not so much worse, Phew what a week with Bellas leg earlier in the week and this , lets hope next week brings better things ! x
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 02:32 PM
oops, at least no harm was done, sometimes after the event we wonder what possessed us to do such a thing, but we dont have the benefit of hindsight, least you will know for next time!!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 03:21 PM
So glad everything ok - as you say, your imagination starts working overtime thinking what might have been

Hope Bella's leg is healing ok.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >