Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 02:39 PM

Worms - I'm Shocked

Well as some of you know from my previous threads my Ozzie has been a bit poorly with a very sore tail.

This has been going on since before Christmas, I changed Vets as I had moved and I wasn't happy with the previous vet. He was put back on antibiotics last Friday as he had chewed his tail again

Went back today for a check, vet was a bit perplexed as to why he wouldn't walk without scampering and crying then sitting down again. She did numerous checks on his spine, anal glands and he's got worms! Never seen any before today. He was booked in for blood tests in March but vet thinks this is the cause - he's eating his fleas I'm so relieved that the cause has been found and that it's nothing that cant be fixed
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Wow, its amazing that something that is so easily treated has caused him so much discomfort. Thank goodness it wasn't a skin problem that he will be plagued with for life, now that the vet has identified the problem, hopefully he will make a speedy recovery. Your feelings about the other vet were obviously spot on, if this vet could find out what it was, why couldn't he? Damn fleas, I don't know why they were ever invented, I'm sure.

I really am pleased that its something simple and hope he continues to make a speedy recovery. Big hugs for the little chap x
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks Sheree, I'm just so relieved. Mind you he was wormed at the beginning of December But I suppose if he ate a flea - it can take a while to show - I dont know, am a little confused over this.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Thats great news Shaz - hope they get poor little Ozzies tail better soon. I know how relieved I was when Benjis scratching turned out to be something easily treatable.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Bless him,at least he'll be feeling better pretty quickly now.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Thats great news Shaz - hope they get poor little Ozzies tail better soon. I know how relieved I was when Benjis scratching turned out to be something easily treatable.
Yes Jan, I feel as if I've been to hell and back these last three months with him, the relief was overwhelming!

Originally Posted by tink View Post
Bless him,at least he'll be feeling better pretty quickly now.
Thanks Tink, yes just got to clear the infection with the antibiotics and Fuciderm and hopefully that will be the end of it.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
thats great news shaza i hope ozzie is back to his self no time
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
thats great news shaza i hope ozzie is back to his self no time
Thanks Jackie, hope so to - had to get your name off your profile I just cant call you Dollyknockers - every time I see it - it makes me laugh. Sorry - Just had to tell you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Well you learn something every day don't you!! I didn't know they get worms through eating fleas??? Let's hope this is the end of dear little Ozzie's problems now that this vet has finally sussed it all out!

You would also have thought he'd be free from worms if he was wormed only in December wouldn't you??? Also, you've used Advocate or similar on him for his fleas haven't you??

Let's hope it's this, coz she's eliminated everything else now by the sounds of it. I'm so glad you changed your vet, I didn't like the other one's methods with that sore

Is he fed on raw over in Spain? I don't trust their cooked meat let alone raw! Lol! That's just me though, coz I got that campylo bacta over there once, not nice!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well you learn something every day don't you!! I didn't know they get worms through eating fleas??? Let's hope this is the end of dear little Ozzie's problems now that this vet has finally sussed it all out!

You would also have thought he'd be free from worms if he was wormed only in December wouldn't you??? Also, you've used Advocate or similar on him for his fleas haven't you??

Let's hope it's this, coz she's eliminated everything else now by the sounds of it. I'm so glad you changed your vet, I didn't like the other one's methods with that sore

Is he fed on raw over in Spain? I don't trust their cooked meat let alone raw! Lol! That's just me though, coz I got that campylo bacta over there once, not nice!
Yes I use Advtantix for fleas, mosquitos and sandfly once a month all year round. I'm so pleased I changed my vet. And he is fed on Burns chicken and rice complete with a little fresh cooked chicken mixed in for his evening meal.

I was really shocked that this could cause that sort of damage, and like you didn't know that fleas eaten could cause worms! But I feel so relieved, he still has the vet collar on, I need to get it cleared as quickly as possible. Please please please let this be the reason, I wont believe it till I see some results - but I feel more hopefull.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >