Our sister sites
DoggieDelight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2009, 11:10 PM

Beta-Dog food

Hi

Anyone else use this?

I have tried various foods over the last 4 years, from wagg and gusto right up to burns, hills etc.....

Since i got my westie i struggled to find one type of food that both my labs and the westie would eat, it was normally a case of the kibble was too big for the westie or gave one of them an upset stomach or whatever.

Well since I have been feeding them Beta it has been great, it has dual kibble sizes in it. So my labs have no probs and my westie eats all the small bits first then takes the bigger bits in her bed and eats them seperate!!! Out of all 3 of my dogs my westie is the fussiest and she loves Beta.

So I have 3 happy doggies at food time.

I know its not one of the top makers but it suits mine, does anyone else use it?
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2009, 01:23 AM
If you have found a food that works, I would say stick to it even if others don't like what goes into it.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Ben has been getting Beta Chicken and Rice since he went to adult food. He used to get JWB but stopped eating that and wouldn'ttouch it and Beta seems to work well for us.

As Labman says if its good for you and your dogs thats what counts
DoggieDelight
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Ben has been getting Beta Chicken and Rice since he went to adult food. He used to get JWB but stopped eating that and wouldn'ttouch it and Beta seems to work well for us.

As Labman says if its good for you and your dogs thats what counts

Hiya.

JWB gave mine the runs and Burns made them constantly hungry, they would beg and scavange like never before on Burns, our pets shop lady said a few people had said it.

Like you both said, if it suits them it doesn matter i dont suppose

I do put a omega 3 capsule in their food once a day tho
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 09:26 AM
2 of our 3 huskies are on Beta, chicken/ rice adult food & are doing great on it, i think they love crunching on the larger nuggets .
ingi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-09-2009, 11:44 AM
We had Nanuq on beta large breed puppy for quite a while but he has become very fussy now. Never had any issues with it, he put on good weight and his coat is lovely.

They do good offers on Beta at P@H look out for the 3 for 2 offer on the 3KG bags it works out really good if you get 6 bags.
annspot80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2009, 12:29 PM
hi there. I have had my dally pup for seven days. The breeder was giving him beta puppy, which i have carried on using, he seems to love it, occasionly with a little chicken strips added !
I went to the vets, they gave me a free bag of hills, but the protein content in the beta is slightly higher in the beta, this needed for his growing bones, so we wont use the hills. May be a change will be needed when he is older due to the stone problems they have, but im sticking with it at the mo as he is fine on it. If the dog is happy then im happy, and it is reasonably priced. In pets at home they have an offer on of but one and get another half price - even better.
nellie_dean
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2009, 09:43 AM
I think this thread just shows the truth of the arguement that what suits one dog doesn't necessarily suit another - and that dogs can thrive on a more 'basic' food. Few would argue that Beta is top notch nosh (!) but if it's what your god likes and keeps them fit and healthy it's difficult to argue against!
If I was going to argue with the choice it would be to say that considering the formulation of Beta, it's actually quite expensive - a pet shop own brand is probably equal in quality and a lot cheaper!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Raina is on Beta Large breed puppy and it is always gone (Raina is a walking dustbin though) she is growing well on it and i am quite impressed for a cheaper food.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I used to be a fan of the private label foods. Likely they are the same thing for less. I took a fright of them in the big recall mess here 2 years ago. One thing I like about feeding Iams or Pro Plan is that if there ever was a problem with their main products, it would be on the 6:00 news. There would be no quiet recalls or stonewalling as there has been with Diamond, Nutro, and recently Wysong.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >