Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 05:23 AM

Morning, morning, morning!

Morning all,

Can’t believe how much rain we had yesterday – it was lashing when I got up, and was still lashing when I went to bed. Now this morning, it’s doing exactly the same thing. Still, on a positive note, it makes cleaning up the (paved) garden easier when it’s wet.

I have a new contractor starting today. I shall have to let the other one go, as he has decided to lie about the amount of hours he’s worked. Even with me being generous, he has still claimed 9 hours more than he should have……. Sadly, for him, I’ve not signed his timesheet.

Yesterday’s visit to the dentist was a brief success, but the crown is once again in my hand, and not in my mouth . Also the money it cost me is in the dentist’s pocket, and not in my purse….. looks like I’m going to have to shell out £400 for a new one

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe!

Today’s gem :
An old man and a young man worked in office next to each other. The young man had noticed that the older man always seemed to have a jar of peanuts on his desk. The young man loved peanuts.
One day while the older man was away from his desk the young man couldn't resist and went to the old man's jar and ate over half the peanuts.
When the old man returned the young man felt guilty and confessed to taking the peanuts.
The old man responded "That's ok since I lost my teeth all I can do is lick the chocolate off the M&Ms."
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Sorry about your tooth Vicki and as for the contractor...he'll be sorry he thought he could pull one over on you! Nothing worse than a cheat! We've had the same weather as you although it appears to be dry finally although still dull. Have a good Wednesday everyone.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. Sorry about your tooth Vicki and as for the contractor...he'll be sorry he thought he could pull one over on you! Nothing worse than a cheat! We've had the same weather as you although it appears to be dry finally although still dull. Have a good Wednesday everyone.
Morning J - he's particularly stupid, as this is the reason I fired him last time. I only let him wheedle his way back in as he was carrying a box of chocolates (which I gave to Baz).......
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 05:48 AM
Good morning Vicki. Sorry to hear about your tooth Hun............won't be showing Pat this though, He is having trouble with his front crown, he keeps sticking it back on, it keeps on coming back off.
Told him to go to the dentist and he reckons it 'will be costly you know'....it a gold one.
just sen your cost...think maybe Pat will need mouth-to-mouth then at his appointment.......will leave that job to the nurse. Sun out here ....at last the sun rain has stopped. Got soaked 3 walks yesterday...........
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 05:52 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Good morning Vicki. Sorry to hear about your tooth Hun............won't be showing Pat this though, He is having trouble with his front crown, he keeps sticking it back on, it keeps on coming back off.
Told him to go to the dentist and he reckons it 'will be costly you know'....it a gold one.
just sen your cost...think maybe Pat will need mouth-to-mouth then at his appointment.......will leave that job to the nurse. Sun out here ....at last the sun rain has stopped. Got soaked 3 walks yesterday...........
Morning Stephanie - I guess there's no chance of a repair to mine now - I'm going to have to go for the replacement. Believe me, if it didn't show so much, I wouldn't bother......
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Morning J - he's particularly stupid, as this is the reason I fired him last time. I only let him wheedle his way back in as he was carrying a box of chocolates (which I gave to Baz).......
That is really very stupid. Not once but twice! What an idiot
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Morning Vicki , morning all ,

I know what you mean about all the rain yesterday babe . . . . . we had a few rivers flowing down the roads here to. Well it looks completely different today . . . not a cloud in the sky and the sun is shining . . .

Anyway another busy day ahead of me so I'd better get my a55 in gear . . .

You all have a lovely day today and be careful out there

Shane x x x
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

Sorry about your tooth Vicki, hope you get it sorted out properly soon

Yesterday wasn't too bad weather wise for us, we had some hot sun, but mainly cloudy, but it has been raining here this morning, and doesn't look too promising at the moment either.

Hope you all have a good one

Christine
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 06:25 AM
morning
sorry to hear about the tooth vicki - hope you get it all sorted soon. cant believe how much dentists charge

weather looks better today here. the sun is actually out at the moment. angst about the dog sitter we are going to use when we go away in 3 weeks time as they have changed there prices on their website to £25 per day. think we will be ringing them to check out as we only paid £15 per day when we went away in february. guess we need a back up plan as dont want to cancel the holiday now.

going to see anything goes tonight but will need a nap as been awake since 4am.

have a good day all
sue
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all,
WET,WET<AND STILL WET

Sorry about the tooth Vicki,another thing to blame the age monster for

Jeanette
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >