Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2006, 04:25 PM

Wanted, medium sized training crate

I am looking for a training crate approximately 36". Have seen loads on ebay but really not sure if they are any good.

Thanks
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Can you explain the term 'training crate' what sort of training is it you are trying to achieve with a crate?
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2006, 07:50 AM
To be honest i have no idea what i'm looking for!!!

I want a crate that he can lay in which has enough room for him but we can keep him there if we need to go out for half hour or so but doesnt look like a torture chamber!!

We cant leave him in the room cos he jumps on everything and wees everywhere when left alone cos he gets worried that we wont come home.

We are also trying to get him out of the bed so i want it to be comfy if he decides to sleep there of a night
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 08:11 AM
I've just bought one for Willow for about £60 and it is a Savic from Pets at Home. There is a guide on the boxes for the size you need relating to the size of your dog.

Willow will only be locked in their at nighttimes. During the day I want to encourage her to make it her den, but it won't be locked at any point (at this stage anyway).

Someone else posted on here about a crate they bought from Argos which, while it was cheap, it was not very strong and some of the wire caging became detached and potentially dangerous, so invest in a decent one.
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks i think i'll have a look for a more expensive one

There are some on ebay for £30 but you just dont know how good they are do you!!

I want to get my puppy one for the exact same reason as Katrina342. Do pets at home have a website?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I've just brought Tyler a new one off ebay,because he's outgrown his first one,all he uses it for is to sleep in at night but it good.
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
I've just brought Tyler a new one off ebay,because he's outgrown his first one,all he uses it for is to sleep in at night but it good.
Did you just get one of the black crates that has two doors to it? I have seen lots of these on ebay but i have also seen material ones which i am a bit worried about cos Sanchez likes to chew things at the moment so he would probably eat his way out!!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 09:49 AM
I brought a metal one with two doors,it's a 36 and really big,i think we paid around £30 for it.
sanchez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
I brought a metal one with two doors,it's a 36 and really big,i think we paid around £30 for it.
Thats the sort i wanted but i am now thinking 36 is going to be too big for a JRT. What do you think?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Tylers is big,he can stand in it,strech out,walk around in it and he is a pretty much fully grown stafford now,maybe a 30 would be big enough for yours.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >