Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 01:20 PM

Season question again (sorry)

Hi guys, getting a bit confused now.

We thought Roxy was coming into season about 3 weeks ago as my sisters younger male dog started to drool at her behind, which he'd never done before.

He hasn't tried to hump her or anything so they are still together. But now her nipples have become really big, she's moody and the elder of her two dogs has started paying attention.

One of my friend male dogs has also tried to hump her, think he was a bit confused though because he tried to hump the wrong end

But we separated them just incase. So when will she come on? or is all this male attention just forcing her to come on? she's only 9 months so I would have thought this was a bit early for a large breed.

Cant wait for this to be over so I can get her done
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2006, 01:26 PM
last time you posted this I went off and had a chat with Rio's breeder re the age for a Dobermann bitch's first season ( as she has loads and has always had bitches )and the reply was anything from 8-14 months, no hard and fast rules at all. Incidently Rio's nipples have also got quite a lot longer this week, although no one is trying to hump her lately,
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 01:27 PM
you say her nipples are getting big, well all my girls when come into season no change in nipples, only when they are in whelp do there nipples change, are you sure that the boy did not get her when you thought it was her season.

it might be a good idea to speak to the vet as i now they would be able to tell you more, could be a phantam.

i might be wrong so dont worry and i am sure someone else might now of some thing else. sorry
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2006, 01:28 PM
this is exactly what happened to me a couple of months ago when a lovely rottie focused his attentions mainly on Maelona. The Rottie's owner said he was a stud dog and knew she was coming into season, 2 months later - nothing!!! But saw him the other day and he tried to hump them again, Cariad told him off, but Maelona was just confused as to what he actually wanted and just stood and looked around at him with a question mark over her head!!! I have read on here about a secret season and am wondering if they have had one of those, could yours have done this as well???
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 01:30 PM
The nipples do enlarge at the first season so not necessarily a sign of something to worry about.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Dont scare me sjpurt I certainly hope he didn't, I would hate to risk Roxys health.

Trouble good to know Rio's nipples have changed too. Whats the next sign to look out for then? the bleeding I guess?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 02:04 PM
My boys let me know around 6 weeks before any of my bitches are in season. They won't stop licking her and gang up on her, getting her into a corner if they can and jumping about. Even the ones that have been used at stud will do it and I know that they know she can't possibly be ready for mating. Immedaitely that they start doing this I put the girlie into the front if the house with a companion or two and they live there and use the front garden until they've finished their season. This has happened with four of the girls just lately and they've all come into season within a couple of weeks. I didn't do it the first time as I didn't realise what was happening, then I checked my diary and realised her season was due in about a months time.
I wonder if Roxy's nipples have enlarged purely as she is maturing, I'll keep my fingers crossed she isn't in whelp.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Is it just that Roxy's nipples have grown longer like I said Rio's have. I must admit I put it down to her matureing rather than her season being imminent
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 02:12 PM
So it could be more likey that she is just letting off a scent for a while?? I just need to get past this week and then she wont be in contact with my sisters dogs again for a few months.

But I have no choice this week (im working), my sister is splitting the dogs up when she goes out and just keeping a close eye on them when they are in the house. She has said if her youngest so much as put a paw on Roxys back she will keep Roxy at my house, but so far neither of them have tried to mount her/or put a paw on her, just a lot of sniffing

As per usual she is constantly jumping up at their faces and licking them and just generally winding them up
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Is it just that Roxy's nipples have grown longer like I said Rio's have. I must admit I put it down to her matureing rather than her season being imminent
Yeah longer and perhaps a bit wider, more 'prominant' her two front ones are tiny though
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >