Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 02:27 PM

Absolutely p****d off and gutted

We had our court case this afternoon, I had bought a number plate off ebay, the seller didn't produce the goods and ebay refunded my money.

What happens? He takes us to court, gets everything in his favour, we have to pay the full price of the plate, even though Clive won't touch it with a bargepole, plus court costs, plus his petrol...amounting to nearly £500

The only thing I can say is that he also tried to get another £600 off us for loss of sales following the negative feedback I left for him...the judge threw it out.

After all my carefully documented evidence, and the fact that paypal refunded me after the seller refused to react to their attempts to contact him, it seems that people of a certain ilk are above the law. He and Clive nearly had fisticuffs as we left the court room, he thinks that he can call Clive all sorts of names and Clive isn't allowed to say anything without appearing racist

We now have 14 days to pay for a retention certificate that expires at the end of the month and a plate that Clive wants nothing to do with, even though it matches his other two. The really annoying thing is that he only transferred it into my name last week when he knew the case was coming to court...I paid for it last October

One good thing, my negative remarks are allowed to stay on ebay

If anyone is contemplating buying a number plate off ebay please be very careful, I'm more than happy to give any information on this seller so you can avoid him, but privately as I don't want to get into any more trouble.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh Sheree I'm so sorry, I just sent you a PM to ask about the case and was really hoping that it went your way, there's a lot of nasty people around and the legal system stinks at times like this, how can they get away with it.

I've never bought or sold anything on E-bay and I think I'll keep it that way, I don't trust them, I don't trust the people who use it (a lot of them anyway ) and I definately don't trust the legal system to bring justice to the buyers when things go wrong.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Oh Sheree , I am sorry to hear you lost your case.

I used to be a real fighter but after a number of awful 'events' I came to realise that no matter how unfair things can be, sometimes you just have to swallow hard, write it off, let it go. . If you don't it can turn into a hard knot of resentment which gnaws away inside you and that is not good for you.

Instead focus on the good things you have around you xx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Oh my Goodness, Sheree This is just awful.......

I remember you telling us about this idiot

So glad you've only got to pay for the number plate though, maybe once Cliive has calmed down he'll allow you to use it.....Afterall, you have paid for it xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh Sheree I'm so sorry, I just sent you a PM to ask about the case and was really hoping that it went your way, there's a lot of nasty people around and the legal system stinks at times like this, how can they get away with it.

I've never bought or sold anything on E-bay and I think I'll keep it that way, I don't trust them, I don't trust the people who use it (a lot of them anyway ) and I definately don't trust the legal system to bring justice to the buyers when things go wrong.
Thanks Harvey

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Oh Sheree , I am sorry to hear you lost your case.

I used to be a real fighter but after a number of awful 'events' I came to realise that no matter how unfair things can be, sometimes you just have to swallow hard, write it off, let it go. . If you don't it can turn into a hard knot of resentment which gnaws away inside you and that is not good for you.

Instead focus on the good things you have around you xx
Thasnk Mini As I said to Harvey earlier, I think I will come round sooner than Clive, things really grate on him, I shall just have to try to talk him round

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Oh my Goodness, Sheree This is just awful.......

I remember you telling us about this idiot

So glad you've only got to pay for the number plate though, maybe once Cliive has calmed down he'll allow you to use it.....Afterall, you have paid for it xx
Thanks Lou I don't think he will let me use it, when I said we've got a few weeks to transfer it or lose it he said it will make him sick every time he has to look at it. If I transfer it onto my car at least we won't have to pay anything else, if we put it on retention for a year then we have to pay another £90 on top of everything else
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Sorry Sheree sometimes the justice system doesn't seem very just at all.
I'd just sell it on and get some money back tbh.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 04:12 PM
So sorry Sheree, seems like buyers have very little protection these days

Can you sell it on now, it's just that you might feel better when you no longer have to look at it. The car cage you had from me was from a car that made me so mad I still get thinking about it. Once the garage finally fixed it it was gone within days and I felt a lot better having done so. Huge hugs, life sucks sometimes.xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Sorry Sheree sometimes the justice system doesn't seem very just at all.
I'd just sell it on and get some money back tbh.
Well I think that is what we're going to do but it expires on 31st July so we need to do something with it quite quickly.

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
So sorry Sheree, seems like buyers have very little protection these days

Can you sell it on now, it's just that you might feel better when you no longer have to look at it. The car cage you had from me was from a car that made me so mad I still get thinking about it. Once the garage finally fixed it it was gone within days and I felt a lot better having done so. Huge hugs, life sucks sometimes.xx
Thanks Jane
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 04:22 PM
So sorry Sheree, but I really can't understand what went on here, so can't comment I'm afraid. I was always under the apprehension that if you went to court and you were in your rights, then you won your case, but seems I must be living in cloud cuckoo land or sommat

What I can gather is you bought a plate, he didn't supply it, so you got your money back, then he managed to come up with the goods which you now have, for the sum of £500 (is that the cost of the original plate then has is it now doubled because of the court costs?). Either way, I don't think I'd be cutting my nose to spite my face having forked out £500 quid, I think I'd be sticking that plate on my vehicle and regretting the day I ever got fleeced like that.

I do know that it can take aaaaages to get a number plate transfer coz Dave has done it numerous times when selling on his cars with his private plate, then he's paid what you mention the holding fee until he buys a new car, so maybe the reason you never got it straight away is because this guy is a kind of "middle man", he buys it for you, but has to do all the paperwork and get that back before he can actually send it off to you? So much red tape involved with these plates nowadays, not just private ones either. Dave can't just go into a spares shop anymore and get a new plate for any vehicle with a damaged one, he has to jump through hoops now to even change one of those!

If it's your car, you paid for this plate in the first place, then why not stick it on there and let Clive turn a blind eye!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Aww Sheree huge hugs hun

I know the justice system stinks from first hand experience involving children...Sounds like the judge you had was either blind, stupid or both!

Move onwards & upwards chick, dont let them get you down xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >