Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2009, 11:46 AM

So not what we need :(

My next door neighbour (she's a lovely woman, loves my two maniacs almost as much as I do ) is having a large extension built onto her house ... I dont mind that , the workmen are lovely blokes too , very polite but like a joke ... so thats ok too
whats gonna do my head in is that for the next 15 or so weeks theres going to be lots of large vehicles not only going past my house but also parking right outside it (I live right at the bottom of a dead end street so we get virtually no traffic at all normally except for when people are coming home from work) & lots of VERY loud banging and crashes (im also in the country so its usually very quiet too)

Short of taking both dogs up the fields ALL day (which they'd love but isnt practical) im stuck having two very excited dogs constantly jumping up at the windows barking at all the strange people and things outside
letting them into the garden for a wee or just to play is a nightmare cos Toffee keeps launching himself at the fence so he can see whats going on and maybe get some attention which in turn winds up Gypsy , and she's the vocal one , she has an extremely high pitched yelpie-bark (I need a hands over the ears smiley here , lol) but I dont like to keep them penned up in the house all day except for when they are getting their walks , I usually have the front door open and they run in and out as they please ... now they are going nuts in the house all day cos it really isnt fair on the other neighbours getting deafened by Gypsy , and I really dont think the poor fence can take much more of a battering as Toff jumps up to be nosy ... and this is only day one of them starting work on the extension

Does anyone want one , ever so slightly , madwoman and two def nutty border collies as lodgers for 15 weeks
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 12:04 PM
they will prob just get used to it ......we had similar recently where workman were up and down the allyway between our 2 house after a week or so my girls didnt even get up to investigate

it won't last forever plus good neightbours are like gold dust
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
they will prob just get used to it ......we had similar recently where workman were up and down the allyway between our 2 house after a week or so my girls didnt even get up to investigate

it won't last forever plus good neightbours are like gold dust
I agree, I would doubt dogs would keep it up for two long, if everyone stays calm and just goes about business as normal they will soon adapt, I wouldnt try to change there routine to much, if its safe for them to be in the garden, then let them be there, I doubt the builders will hear any noise for all the racket they make,
once the dogs get the idea that its not working, no one cares, and they feel happy with it they will possibly settle with it.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 12:10 PM
We have just finished a project which took nearly 7 months. fudge is sound phobic and also has a high pitched bark. I was dreading it with Fudge but she became used to the noise and eventually ignored all of it,except for the nail gun.She was relegated to one room downstairs for the last few months and that was the hardest bit.

Prior to this the builders were working next door and they are now back next doot. LOL. we will have had over a year with builders either here or next door.

The dogs will acclimatise and I have to say that you get used to the noise as well.

It does not happen overnight so here are some hugs to keep you going!