Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 12:17 PM

Delilah is being Spayed...

... On Friday

I am sooooo worried!! She is my baby and i dont know what i'd do if anything happened to her! I've been putting it off this long (she has had injections to stop her coming into season) but now that she's reached 3 and is still going strong (for those that dont know, she has a spinal problem) i promised myself i'd get it done as its just too risky not to - pyo and cancer are scary enough for me!! I am going to be terrible on Friday. I told the vets when i booked her in that they must phone me ASAP to let me know that she is ok otherwise i will be a nervous wreck all day

But anyway, just thought i'd let you all know. Expect some panicky posts on Friday...
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh Jessica, at least you have someone to panic with. I've booked Tiani in for Wednesday. I just phoned and booked it this morning (thinking that they would make an appointment in a week or so ). I booked to take Krystal's pups in for their first vaccs (always a worry with Chis as some have a reaction to the vaccs ). Booked Tiani in for spaying at same time. I am literally needing to run to the toilet every time I think about it. She is just 4lbs and she is my most precious little Princess. I am gonna have one bad day on Wednesday.

I know exactly how you are feeling We can support each other
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 12:32 PM
awwww I feel for you, I need to book Zeita in for hers and I am sooo scared but am more scared of pyo and cancer just llike you are, so I know its for her best of health. Still don't stop us worrying though does it

best wishes for Friday hun xxx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Looks like money is going to be too tight this month for Kismet and our 'window' between seasons is closing... She may get to have her second season after all... Not looking forward to it. The last one was a nightmare
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 12:41 PM
{{{Hugs}}} I can't believe Delilah's 3

I'll be thinking of you both on Friday x
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Oh Jessica, at least you have someone to panic with. I've booked Tiani in for Wednesday. I just phoned and booked it this morning (thinking that they would make an appointment in a week or so ). I booked to take Krystal's pups in for their first vaccs (always a worry with Chis as some have a reaction to the vaccs ). Booked Tiani in for spaying at same time. I am literally needing to run to the toilet every time I think about it. She is just 4lbs and she is my most precious little Princess. I am gonna have one bad day on Wednesday.

I know exactly how you are feeling We can support each other

Its nice to know someone else is feeling the same! I've been chatting to people at work about it and they keep telling me to stop being silly cos its such a routine op

But ANY op can go wrong And pugs aren't good with anaesthetic! And my Delilah isn't well as it is! And i just worry about everything with her. I panic if she stands on a stone and limps for 2 strides out on a walk God, i am going to drive everyone nuts!!!

Will be thinking of you on weds! I guess you have similar anaesthetic worries with chi's being so small and delicate?!

Thanks for the support though everyone! My poor Lilah will never forgive me for this
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Will be thinking of you on weds! I guess you have similar anaesthetic worries with chi's being so small and delicate?!
Yes Jessica, it is the anaesthetic that worries me so much. Tiani is only 4lbs, so that is pretty small. She looks delicate but she's not really, I suppose. She's never had a day's illness in her life, so I should calm down really

I probably won't sleep properly now, until it's all over.

I have to take her in at 11.00 and phone at 3.00pm to see what time I should collect her. I don't think I'll manage 4 hours, so I'll have to ask them to phone me when she's out of the op, or I think I'll be demented by 3.00pm.

I'm going to sleep downstairs in the Dining Room with her for a few nights, in case she needs anything (even just a cuddle) during the night.

I was thinking of asking the Vet if I can take her blanket in, which will obviously smell of us. Do you think they'll think I am a total nut? Just thought it might make her a little more relaxed.

I hope she doesn't lose trust in me afterwards. I just wish they understood that it was for them we are having the nasty op! I hope she doesn't have to wear one of those nasty collars. She'll hate it

Best of luck with your little Lilah! It'll be great this time next week, when both the babes have had their ops and are on the mend.

The Vet Nurse said that they are to have limited exercise for 10 days. Don't know how Tiani will manage that, as she's often having mad zoomies around the living room. Perhaps she won't feel like it (hopefully).
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I dont think the vets will think you're nuts for taking a blanket in with her! However, assuming they do the op straight away she'll probably be pretty drowsy until you bring her home so i dont think she'd be too worried without it..

Im going to be doing exactly the same as you (well, kinda lol) with the sleeping arrangements! Im going to have my little Lilah up in the bedroom with me (told BF about that and he had quite a grumble so he's not invited over til she's healed ) so i can keep an eye on her. Im not sure whether to put her in a crate or have her on the bed with me. She's not really used to being crated, but then if she jumped off the bed she could rip her stitches out I guess i need to be worrying about the actual op before that though, dont want to tempt fate as im so scared about it all going wrong....

My Lilah has to be in before 8:30am and they dont let them go until after 4pm so it'll be a long day!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Oh dear, looks like we're going to have two of you panic sticken near the end of this week then, and no surprise, coz I'd be exactly the same! I'm dreading mine too, but I've got a whole year to go coz I'm going for after the 2nd season on the advice of my breeder. The only thing I can maybe help you out with is the fact that I've had TWO dogs with pyometra, one so bad that her uterus was the size of a torch instead of a fountain pen, as told to me by the vet who operated, and she was 13 when she was operated on in a terrible state coz she had been wrongly diagnosed by another vet! Oh it really was a nightmare at the time for me, so be strong you two, it's far, far better to go through a relatively simple quick and easy op that is done day in day out at the vets, than have the trauma I went through with my two! We'll all be here for you Wednesday and Friday, try not to get in too much of a state (I know I will when my turn comes!)and I'm looking forward to the coming home and all is well posts from both of you.xxxx They'll be FINE - honest!!!
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Ruby was 'done' last Friday and I was beside myself!! I panicked for days before, and couldn't concentrate all day. We picked her up later on in the afternoon and she was a little sleepy and sulky. The day after she was as right as rain. Eating, happy and as gorgeous as ever. She's been so well behaved and not touched her wound. The only thing that aggravates her is where her hair's growing back after they shaved it.

All told, she's been an absolute gem.

Please try not to worry as I'm sure she'll be just fine. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »