Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 11:42 AM

Picture this.....

It was sunny but windy in Northampton yesterday and, after lunch, Clive and I decided to post some flyers that I had printed for his locksmith business through the letterboxes of the houses on a lovely new housing estate we had found when seeking walking spots for Fabian.

These houses are stunning, really huge and Georgian looking with lots of smart cars on the driveway but, as Clive said, whether you're rich or poor, there is usually some point in your life that you need the services of a locksmith..so off we went.

Clives 8 year old son Daniel came with us and I had promised to show him the fishing lake with ducklings that we had also discovered nearby, once we had posted the leaflets. Initially he was all for putting them in the letterboxes himself, but then he turned shy so Clive and I posted them whilst he held the bags with them all in (200 of them).

Imagine my horror when I was up on the steps of a rather grand detached property, having just posted the flyer, turned to come back down again and was inundated with all these flyers flying around my head, over the fences and into the gardens of these posh houses. Poor Daniel was clutching hold of the few he had left, the wind had caught them as he wasn't paying attention and just ripped them out of his hands.

He was rushing about not really knowing what to do...my first instincts were that we would be in such trouble for littering the neighbourhood with these flyers, then I started to giggle and had to stifle it when Clive came around the corner and found us grappling on the floor for these bits of paper that insisted on waiting for us to reach them, and then blew away again. Fortunately he saw the funny side too and helped us collect as many of them up as we could.

Shortly afterwards a man came out of one of the houses and called us over, bravely, Daniel and I sort of hid behind Clive waiting to hear the moans of how we had inundated his property with rubbish. we needn't have worried, he is something to do with the Master Locksmith Association, of which Clive is a member and he wanted to introduce himself and ask Clive a few questions. We came away with Clive feeling quietly confident that he may get some business out of it as he thinks this chap is possibly the hub of the estate when it comes to security etc.

We were giggling like a couple of idiots all the way home...Clive telling me how brave I had been when that man came out and me laughing at Daniels face as these papers were flying everywhere...poor Daniel couldn't make out what we were laughing at and said thats the last time he does flyer posting with us two
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh dear!! you will have to get one of those bags paper boys have!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 08:33 PM
That was funny I can picture it
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh dear you too - just have to grow up LoL, else Young Daniel will never come Flyer Posting again eith two such immature adults.

Sheree this reallymade me smile, but on a serious note hope Clive gets lots of work from this.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
Oh dear!! you will have to get one of those bags paper boys have!
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
That was funny I can picture it
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Oh dear you too - just have to grow up LoL, else Young Daniel will never come Flyer Posting again eith two such immature adults.

Sheree this reallymade me smile, but on a serious note hope Clive gets lots of work from this.

Glad I made you smile, we were giggling about it again last night. I'm hoping that he gets a couple of phone calls too Eunice, if he can get a job or two on the estate then hopefully it will lead to other things once people recommend him. xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 07:17 AM
I could picture it - and it was very comical