Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:44 AM

Query re green tripe?

I'm feeling strangely excited: am about to place a big order with a new raw supplier - and they have green tripe

I've not been able to get this up until now. Thus my question is:

How often should one ideally feed the green tripe?

Should it be part of a meal - or the whole meal?

Dex is 33kg, and at present is getting 700kg of raw a day. I know that's slightly more than 2% but he's on the slim side.

Many thanks for any advice!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:46 AM
My two get it as a whole meal or mixed with something else, depends what I've defrosted. I cound tripe as muscle meat and probably feed it about two to three times a week
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:47 AM
If hes fed twice a day, i would make one meal tripe, he will lurveeeeee you for it. If fed one then use as part of his meal!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
I'm feeling strangely excited: am about to place a big order with a new raw supplier - and they have green tripe

I've not been able to get this up until now. Thus my question is:

How often should one ideally feed the green tripe?

Should it be part of a meal - or the whole meal?

Dex is 33kg, and at present is getting 700kg of raw a day. I know that's slightly more than 2% but he's on the slim side.

Many thanks for any advice!
I do not give anything with green tripe it is a meal on its own.

My 39 kg dog gets about a 1kg or slightly less in ONE meal and my 27kg dog gets about 400g or slightly less in ONE meal.]

Their other meal is normally RMBs on tripe day

On a tripe day the do not get any other veggies either and only a banana as fruit!

I try and feed it about twice a week but if I am travelling the whole week they may get it once if they are lucky!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 12:00 PM
please forgive me if i am wrong...but u seem to be introducing allsorts very quickly..its best to slowly introduce new proteins one at a time starting with basic meats first.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
please forgive me if i am wrong...but u seem to be introducing allsorts very quickly..its best to slowly introduce new proteins one at a time starting with basic meats first.
I think Dexter was partially raw fed before now? OP mentioned starting switching back in December so if that's the case then he's been having raw for a while now.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I think Dexter was partially raw fed before now? OP mentioned starting switching back in December so if that's the case then he's been having raw for a while now.

Well remembered

Yes, Dex has been having one raw meal a day for quite a while now, including a bit of tripe - but it was not green tripe.

That said, I will still be careful as I've only just switched him over to eating totally raw.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post

Thanks

Dex has had one raw meal a day for some time, but I will take on board what you kindly point out

I've only just made the switch to feeding him totally raw, so I'm sure your advice is good
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
I feed either chunky green tripe or minced lamb & tripe, usually 1lb as a meal on it's own. Feed it about twice a week, Cain loves it
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I feed Ruby a complete evening meal of 1lb green tripe twice in each week. Ruby is 20 months and weighs 60lbs.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >