Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 11:16 PM

Poorly Paw

Noticed this evening Max was really licking and chewing at one of his back paws. Had a closer look and he's licked/chewed his pad and made it very sore.

Had a good feel around and clipped the hair from around his pad. Can't see or feel anything in there myself and he's not making a big fuss about it when I'm examining as I'm sure he would if it was a FB (he's never had one but he's such a baby )

Just given it a clean with some hibiscrub and put some Fuciderm cream on which I had left over from when he had a hotspot a few weeks back.

Just see how he goe's I guess - he may be sporting a lovely pink stripy sock if he carries on licking
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Aww bless him, don't you just wish they could talk sometimes. I am sure you are doing the right thing. But think the pink sock is a bad idea, it should be blue for a boy.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Oh bless him, hope he feels better soon. x

have to agree with heather though - it should be a blue sock!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 08:40 AM
The licking of feet can mean pain somewhere else such as higher up the leg so he could have a bit of pain in his thigh muscle that has resulted in him licking his foot.
Becky