Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:00 PM

Should I crate him or not?

asbo is now (well was for a few weeks) clean at night, so i let him out of the crate and he slept in the bed, and he doesnt sleep in a crate at the OHs just a bed on the floor.

but i did another thread after he started weeing on my bed in the middle of the night. he hadnt done this for a while, but the past couple of nights, he was woken up and done a wee on the floor. he did it at the OHs and at mine, both at around 1am. should i ge up and let him out? put paper down, or crate him again?

i dont know if crating will just stop him weeing in his bed, but wont stop it overall when i let him out again?

any ideas?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:14 PM
He could be too warm and just drink too much or he could've had a nightmare - I know Louie wet the bed when he was asleep, after he was attacked.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
He could be too warm and just drink too much or he could've had a nightmare - I know Louie wet the bed when he was asleep, after he was attacked.
nothings happened to him for it to be a nightmare, but my room can get warm (the wall that the bed is on is where the chimney breast is) and he sleeps under the covers... should i lift the water bowl up at a certain time do you think? i have the window open at night because i dont like having a stuffy room..
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Our dogs water bowls were lifted at around 9pm and but down at around 6am the following morning, give or take a hour depending on what happened during the day!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 10:49 AM
well last night he wasnt crated.. and he didnt wee. i even put paper down by the door just in case, as he will go on paper. but no he didnt go, just slept in the bed all night and woke up at about half 7 wanting to go out. his last wee was about midnight last night though because i went to bed later as i didnt have work. awkward puppy
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well last night he wasnt crated.. and he didnt wee. i even put paper down by the door just in case, as he will go on paper. but no he didnt go, just slept in the bed all night and woke up at about half 7 wanting to go out. his last wee was about midnight last night though because i went to bed later as i didnt have work. awkward puppy
Well you named him Asbo!

I think I'd go back to basics with him and please don't leave paper down - he'll think he's allowed to do it in the house then.

Good luck - sounds like he still needs a bit of basics though.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Well you named him Asbo!

I think I'd go back to basics with him and please don't leave paper down - he'll think he's allowed to do it in the house then.

Good luck - sounds like he still needs a bit of basics though.
doesnt matter he didnt use it anyway
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:31 PM
If mine woke up in the night I would definitely get up to let him out for a wee. Bit of a pain I know but for a young one it is really to reinforce the idea in their head that the garden is the place to go, not the house.

My Staffie who is now 11 will lick my nose until I wake up if she wants to go out in the night.