Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2006, 09:52 AM

Car Tax

My OH has just got his car tax renewal through and now you can do it online and they will post you the new one in 5 days so more queing at the post office with the old dears getting the pension for us.

Don't know if this good or not just another thing you can do without going out and won't be able to just pop into another shop while your out.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 09:54 AM
i get very very stressed about car tax.... one year i had 4 trips in one day as i kept forgetting things. I was in tears. I am not new to it either be driving since 1999...
car tax is very stressful... hate it hate it. Tried to do it online but it failed, last time. Makes me want to cry.
I have a car-taxphobia. Or maybe just post office phobia, i don't like them.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 10:22 AM
we have done it for both cars the last few times...........great service it arrives very quick
no probs
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
we have done it for both cars the last few times...........great service it arrives very quick
no probs
we've just done ours this way and its sooooooo much easier and it saves trips to town and forgetting any documents as its now all computerised.

worth doing and so quick!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 12:08 PM
yeap agree no post office grief ....AND if it dosen't arrive in time the DVLA will confirm its been bought from the main computor if you get stopped and you won't get fined for not displaying a disc...the post gets blamed for the delay
Wish
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2006, 12:27 PM
How does it work, do you have to scan your MOT and insurance docs?

Thanks
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I have done it online, very convenient and will do it again. You put special numbers down that are on the MOT etc, vey quick and easy.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Indiesmum View Post
How does it work, do you have to scan your MOT and insurance docs?

Thanks
It works coz MOT's are now all computerised with VOSA, coz my husband does them at his garage. This means all the details of your car, your insurance and MOT are all on their computer, so when you go on the website to renew your tax it's all cross referenced with the car you're taxing, makes it so much easier than going to the post office. I hope it will also mean less people not insuring their cars or trying to fiddle the insurance somehow to get an MOT, but it probably won't, they'll just drive around without an MOT as well as insurance now!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Go Here you'll get all the info for it.

Since everything is on computer now including your mot cert well the number of it anyway and your insurance is tied in as well they can issue you one without seeing if your docs.

As Inca has said even if you get stopped by the police they can check that you have one issued so you won't get done for not having one displayed.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Just read the leaflet that came with my renewal notice, good to see everything is checked electronically - I thought I used special numbers on the MOT last time.

Even easier now then - i hate the post office queues.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >