Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 05:47 PM

What would you do? (Ebay problems)

Ok so my Dad has been on the look out for a vcr to go in the caravan. After being outbid on several occasions, he spotted one close to home, bid on it and won.

He was supposed to go and collect it today but has been unwell (long and stupid story! ) so sent my brother as I've been off sick for a couple of days too.

Anyway my bro came back with it only for Dad to realise that it was infact 4 years old when advertised as new and not the model stated in the ad.

Because of this he want's me to leave neg feedback, but I'm not sure what to do. Now the item has been accepted, should I leave neg feedback. It was misrepresented, but then if he'd gone to get himself he would probably never have accepted it anyway.

This sort of thing really peeves me off, it always ends up my problem when really it should have nothing to do with me.

What would you do?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2006, 05:54 PM
The first thing to do is talk to the seller and explain that what was bidded for & won-isnt what you received.If they will not refund your money or offer a replacement-give them negative feedback.

Dont just give them negative feedback Rip without giving them the chance to air their side or rectify mistake or it could backfire on you.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
The first thing to do is talk to the seller and explain that what was bidded for & won-isnt what you received.If they will not refund your money or offer a replacement-give them negative feedback.

Dont just give them negative feedback Rip without giving them the chance to air their side or rectify mistake or it could backfire on you.
So do you think I could ask for a partial refund, as my Dad is fairly happy with it just doesn't want to pay soooo much for it with it not being new.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
So do you think I could ask for a partial refund, as my Dad is fairly happy with it just doesn't want to pay soooo much for it with it not being new.
If the VCR was advertised as new and the one you received was 4 years old and used-i would opt for a 100% refund,but thats just me!

If your dad is happy with the item,but not the price-explain this to the seller as he/she should be prepared to meet you half way (if they have the sense) and offer some dosh back to keep you sweet.

Then give neutral feedback with comment like "received wrong goods,but sorted in the end".It isnt a lie is it?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 06:45 PM
If the VCR was advertised as new and the one you received was 4 years old and used-i would opt for a 100% refund,but thats just me!

If your dad is happy with the item,but not the price-explain this to the seller as he/she should be prepared to meet you half way (if they have the sense) and offer some dosh back to keep you sweet.

Then give neutral feedback with comment like "received wrong goods,but sorted in the end".It isnt a lie is it?
Tightwad side of your nature coming out again Steve?

Thanks for the advice, have sent an email explaining the reasons and giving her the option on full or partial refund!

If she doesn't comply I know where she lives!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Ooh she ain't happy!

So looks like the item is being returned and am getting the money back.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Ooh she ain't happy!

So looks like the item is being returned and am getting the money back.
lol-tight wad-no way!!!

Who cares if she's not happy-she advertised the VCR as new and un-used,but it was a lie so she dont deserve any respect even if she will refund the money Rip.

I dont use Ebay much,but whenever i do-i always looks at all the feedback posts the peeps get and make my mind up on that alone.There are far too many sharks out there ready to take your hard earned dosh and i dont wanna be a statistic!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 08:01 PM
lol-tight wad-no way!!!

Who cares if she's not happy-she advertised the VCR as new and un-used,but it was a lie so she dont deserve any respect even if she will refund the money Rip.
I dont use Ebay much,but whenever i do-i always looks at all the feedback posts the peeps get and make my mind up on that alone.There are far too many sharks out there ready to take your hard earned dosh and i dont wanna be a statistic!
Yeah that's what i think, she's a relative newbie by the looks of it, but has all good feedback.

Nay mind, I do use ebay a lot and don't usually have problems so shouldn't complain.

Cheers Steve.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Ooh now she's getting personal!

Shirty little mare!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Ooh now she's getting personal!

Shirty little mare!
If she's getting annoying Rip-tell her you will report her to Ebay if she does not refund money and remind her that descriptions of goods should be faithful and not a lie.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >