Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2006, 11:05 AM

No puppies - the wait continues

As you may know, I've been doing lots of research (thank you DogWebbers!) and have been building up to a new puppy since last Autumn. Well I heard from my chosen breeder yesterday that her bitch isn't pregnant but was having a full-blown phantom instead . So I wont be bringing home a puppy in July after all.

I really like this breeder and her dogs and so want to wait for her next litter. She's expecting to have another bitch come into season in August which if I've got my numbers right, means the puppies wont be ready to leave mum until December. December sounds a lifetime away and I've been so looking forward to July and it seemed a perfect time too. So I'm feeling a bit low today .

Patience is a virtue, right ? :smt069
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Arrr, yep your disappointment shows, feel sorry for you now, do you want to come share Harvey x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Awww that's a real shame because summer is a lot easier to housetrain a puppy than winter - but saying that its absolutely pouring down outside Hope you get a puppy soon
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 12:07 PM
You might find you have a longer wait, because of the timing she might not decide to have a Christmas litter. Christmas is not a good time to have puppies, I know a lot of people want them for presents, something I personally find immoral, so some breeders choose not to have pups for sale at that time of the year. But if something is worth having it is worth waiting for - I am sure the pup for you will arrive at some point!!! Good Luck with your wait. It will seem like forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 12:36 PM
all good things are worth waiting for......December will be here in no time...face it the Christmas stuff will be in the shops in3 months....
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Aww I know what it's like...but you will have your pup soon...It's just waiting to be made is all, especially for you
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
all good things are worth waiting for......December will be here in no time...face it the Christmas stuff will be in the shops in3 months....
God thats scary! Thanks I was already feeling depressed!

So sorry to here that you wont be getting your pup in july, it is so hard waiting but it will be worth it in the end! Theres nothing worse than looking forward to something then it not happening! I waited 4 long years to be able to get a pup and when I did get him he was definately worth the wait! I just couldnt believe I had finally got him and kept pinching myself for weeks!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 12:52 PM
sorry Hannah!!!!!!!!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm so sorry for your disappointment, but you know that when you get the right puppy it will have been worth the wait.

Do you have dogs currently? If not, maybe you could use some of your spare time to volunteer at a rescue kennel - share that extra energy with some lonely doglets...
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 01:10 PM
i think what is ment to be is ment to be. you will get your pup when the time is right.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >