Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2008, 02:52 PM

My boots are falling down!

When it came to handing out bodies, I must have been in a meeting or something Forgetting the frustrating pains and random body bits dropping off with no warning, I'm short, round and have teeny weeny feet.

After the puppy ate my work boots early this year, I've been waiting impatiently for boots to be back in the shop - it's been all stilletto heels and flip flops this summer, and I hate buying shoes online - they invariably never fit properly I'm a size four, although in some brands I fit a five, and other brands I fit a three. I also have a high instep, which makes shoe shopping even more problematical! I bought some boys velcro up shoes in Asda to temporarily replace the boots. They're highly unattractive, but very suitable with their velcro and flat soles - perfect for someone like me who tends to fall flat on their face by falling over invisible bricks

My best friend came up a couple of weeks back, and took me out into town to buy some new boots. I found a pair that I completely fell in love with - black leather knee highs with a four inch heel... you can't get more unsuitable than that! But I loved them and argued that it would be nice to feel young and feminine, and since I use a wheelchair a lot, it's not like I'll have much opportunity to fall over. I used to adore my high heel boots and shoes when I was a teenager, and they were all thrown away when I realised that poor footwear choices were causing the worst of my falls. So I decided I was having these boots, but found they didn't have a size four. I tried a size five, which fitted my foot perfectly, but the blooming zipper wouldn't go up my very wide calves The size six fitted the width of my foot nicely, but was a bit long in the toes and the zip would go up to about 1.5 inches from the top.
Being leather, my friend assured me that the leather would give with use, and they would be perfect.

After a month or so, they've certainly given with use In the mornings, they're a tight fit because the leather has gotten cold overnight, but after an hour or so in them, the zip will go up to the top and they're perfect. After several hours in them, the tops of the boots start heading for my ankles! They look like those slouch boots

Is there anything I can do to keep my boots up short of sellotaping them to my legs? It's getting quite irritating to be pulling them up all the time.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 06:53 PM
braces????? sorry hope some one else can come up with a more sensible idea.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 07:42 PM
My new knee length black leather ones have an elastic "insert" about half an inch wide in the top, at the side, I only noticed that the other day, and I'm guessing it's there to stop this happening? They're very tight, and they stay that way, coz of course the elastic "gives" when I first put them on, and then as they warm up, the elastic goes back to where it was, i.e. totally invisible! Can you take them to a cobbler (do we still have them???) and he can fit a very stiff, tight bit of elastic in the top, and sort of dart the leather, so that the elastic will take over 1" or so that the leather is giving? If ya know what I mean !Lol!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 08:09 PM
cant make any suggestions oher than to say there is a website called duo boots who do boots for all shapes and sizes and who my cousin highly recommended as she has fat calves and can never get boots to fit !!!

might be worth a shot for the next boots !!!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 09:27 PM
havent read through the other replys ,what about foot ball (type socks ) your boots do sound funky