Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2015, 08:37 AM

Yesterday my operation

Well Here I am and had the operation yesterday first on the list. Now I can reveal what it was. Got to the hospital early and by 8.30am went and had a chat about the proceedure in a small room. then out to general waiting room until called to have surgical gown on. Next was the the pre-med to send me to sleep which did not take long. The operation was for a gall bladder removal and they managed it with what they called key hole surgery. Being well into the land of nod I did not feel a thing. Told it took about 1.5 hours . then woken up in recovery ward and given toast and tea. that was to make sure I could eat and drink I suppose, then I went back to sleep for a few hours. Got woken again to see if I needed the loo to pee and they check to see how much is left in the bladder. I was warned about this but manage it my self. Seems they what under 100 milligrams? of fluid left in the bowels before being let home.
So I was ok by 9.30pm so went home.

what happens is a lot of air gets into the body from the camera and prob and this air is trapped and can travel around , usually to the shoulders and neck area.
Well it hit me hard in the shoulders like loads of sharp knives sticking into me and that lasted all last night. but the air moved and came up or it could have gone down but they said this was not unusual.

I was told I had a highly inflammed gall bladder and needed to be removed. So now at home and pain in shoulders gone just got to let the cuts made heal up properly (about 4 weeks they say).

At least all the nervousness is over never having had an operation in 70 years I admit I was scared and worried but now a lot happier.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Well done Tumbleweed!!! when i was in the lady oposite me had exactly the same thing...she thought it was brilliant that they did it keyhole surgery as it meant going home the same day.Hopefully this will see you well on the road to recovery
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Glad you're done and can go back to a normality now, Barry. You've really been through the mill over the last few months and it must have really got you down
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Thanks all

yes with also being stopped from driving as well as all this hospital stuff give me negative thought on living. This all started last November when I visited the optician for a eye test, the again in FEB with acid reflux problems. So it will have been not far off a year with one thing and another.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Well done Barry.Great to hear its all over and so far you are doing well.No doubt Sue is taking good care of you and you'll be 100% in no time.(( hugs))
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Glad you are home, done and dusted and sounding fairly cheerful too!

How things change, I have a 6 inch mid-line scar and was in hospital for 2 weeks back in the early '70s when I had my gall bladder out.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2015, 05:48 PM
So glad its done and over Tweed. Speedy recovery.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Nippy

nowadays they think of keyhole first for quick recovery but did say if necessary they would open me up

Thanks all for good wishes
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Glad you are on the road of recovery now Barry, I wish you a speedy recovery
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >