Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 10:12 AM

Why are men so stupid?!!

My OH is well known for the idiotic things he does, like the time he was using a high speed polisher on a chrome car part and decided to lick it to see how hot it was. It was VERY hot!! Well last night, he pulled another classic. He had a splinter in the sole of his foot. Now most sane people would use tweezers or even a needle to try and remove it. Not him, he used a blade from a stanley knife. And slipped!! So now, not only does he (still!) have a splinter but now has a rather atrractive gash across the back of his foot. Oh well, another scar to add to the collection!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 10:17 AM
LOL bless him

My OH was doing DIY yesterday...it took him most of the day to realise (when things werent sticking) that he was using pollyfiller instead of superglue!!

I often ask myself the same question
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Oh dear, you've got to wonder what's going through their heads when they do these things don't you?!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
LOL bless him

My OH was doing DIY yesterday...it took him most of the day to realise (when things werent sticking) that he was using pollyfiller instead of superglue!!

I often ask myself the same question
Lol. Life is a challenge for them isnt it!

Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
Oh dear, you've got to wonder what's going through their heads when they do these things don't you?!
Very little in Stu's case!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
My OH is well known for the idiotic things he does, like the time he was using a high speed polisher on a chrome car part and decided to lick it to see how hot it was. It was VERY hot!! Well last night, he pulled another classic. He had a splinter in the sole of his foot. Now most sane people would use tweezers or even a needle to try and remove it. Not him, he used a blade from a stanley knife. And slipped!! So now, not only does he (still!) have a splinter but now has a rather atrractive gash across the back of his foot. Oh well, another scar to add to the collection!
So funny
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Lol at your hubby there, but it's the other way around in this house, I'm the one who does stoopid and hubby is the sensible one!!!
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol at your hubby there, but it's the other way around in this house, I'm the one who does stoopid and hubby is the sensible one!!!
Yep have to say I'm the stupid one too. But you have to laugh.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Hahaha oh dear

Mine was in hospital on a drip last week, he got blood poisoning, after leaving a bit of metal stuck in his arm, which he had proudly been showing off (with a magnet) to his little nephews the week before!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I must be part man - I once wondered if the blades on my blender were dry so I touched them - while they were rotating.... It was just a mini blender though - not a huge thing.

Dave has never let me live that one down although I never let him forget the fact that he jammed some sharp tools through his work bench at a show, so they were safe and not going to injure anyone, then he put his hand under the bench. He needed to go to hospital for that, which I didn't, so I always tell him he is more foolish than me!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Perhaps he wanted time off work? Or fancies nurses? Or maybe you 'look after him' when he's hurt?

Maybe he's not so stupid after all
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >