Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 02:30 PM

A Walk In The Park????

Spurred on by your lovely comments about Blog 1 (you'll soon not be doing that again!!!! :smt002 ) I thought I should tell you about our walk this lunchtime.

Having had a busy, yet uneventful morning (see blog 1) which was followed by breakfast whilst tinkering on Dogsey, OH and I decided it was time for the old boys to go to the park. They are both on fairly restricted exercise, Mo because he had a stroke a couple of years ago and The Biffters because he's an idiot and has damaged his joints when young and so now suffers with arthritis! Anyway, the park was calling and I was keen to accompany them (OH usually 'does' our boys) as the smell of gloss paint is making my eyes itch. As I was going too, we decided we would also take Saturn.

Saturn doesn't get offlead much, partly because he is a big dog that's still growing, so we're watching his joints and partly because you can spend a lot of time running after him as he spots yet another friendly looking dog!

We got to the park and managed to get all 3 from the car relatively easily, thanks to the tailgate guard (best thing we ever bought!) I took charge of the old pair and OH had Saturn...who wanted to get to the old pair once I had let them offlead...OOPS.
Saturn really really wanted to get to see the Biffters....so he pulled and pulled...it was muddy..... OH went a over t into the mud!!!! He fell very gracefully though, which was good as just as he got up, his work colleague shouted over to him 'I wish I had a camera!!!!' He was in the park with his wife and young kids and had spotted the whole thing. VERY funny...my OH is going to get some stick tomorrow!!!!

We set off on our merry way (Saturn off lead) and I have to say for the rest of the walk Saturn was pretty good, he did charge off to a couple of dogs (also offlead) but came back after a play. He actually turned a corner today as he spotted an offlead lab, headed for it, then veered off to go and say 'hi' to it's owner first. Brilliant, it means he's not as into dogs as he once was.

The old guys, as usual, enjoyed their frolic in the park and are now snoring in the kitchen, infact they are all confined to the kitchen until the mud has dried and flaked off them, the joys of autumn huh???

Thanks for reading!!! Not sure OH is impressed i'm broadcasting his fall to the world!!!!!!!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-11-2006, 02:33 PM
""infact they are all confined to the kitchen until the mud has dried and flaked off them""

I hope this includes the OH... after his "dive" in the mud

Another great Blog.. your a natural
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-11-2006, 03:02 PM
1st rule of owning a dog... always carry a camera! I can't believe how addictive this blog thing is, not just writing but reading what you lot get up to!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 03:38 PM
How embarassing for your OH