Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 02:13 PM

Gagged - for preferring to use a harnesses above flat collars

I think for the first time ever I've been gagged on a forum (not allowed to post on certain topics or reply to any posts in that topic)

What is the 'hot topic'? My preference for using harnesses above flat collars. I am apparently misleading new owners

Hysterical

ETA: Should clarify - it is NOT this forum
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Eh? I don't get it. Why would it be misleading? Using a harness certainly isn't going to harm dogs.

Takes all sorts, maybe it's not a great forum after all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 02:22 PM
It isn't - some of the advice given out is totally at odds to my own beliefs, but it does have some pretty useful info too that has links to finding out more
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Maybe it's the kind of forum which doesn't like differing opinions? Although I thought forums were for discussion and we all have different ideas don't we.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Maybe it's the kind of forum which doesn't like differing opinions? Although I thought forums were for discussion and we all have different ideas don't we.
The owner certainly doesn't appear to like opinions that differ from her own and she has a bit of a following.

The 'my way, or the highway' approach is something I'm not used to and I certainly think it detracts from discussions. After all, what can you discuss when everybody agrees with each other all the time?

It's so difficult to find good forums these days. This is the only one I use except for this one other one which I joined initially to learn more about the care and maintenance of my breed.

Ah well, another one bites the dust
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Oh dear sounds like someone enjoys the power trip of being in charge of a forum!

I have been 'removed' from a few forums now so i get used to it! I think i am a little blunt and honest for some people!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Wonder if people think the same about us (As we do not allow discussion of electric shock collars unless the thread was started with specific mention of them).

I think all forums have to have their boundaries, but at Dogsey *any* opinion on *any* dog related topic can be aired or discussed, so long as it is in the appropriate thread and in an appropriate manner (which our new Discussion Guidelines try to make crystal clear - and will hopefully help prevent future threads from becoming 'toxic').
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 03:56 PM
When the thread title (started by someone else) is 'collar or harness' then you would naturally assume that all opinions would be welcome

I don't think that my posting style has ever been what could be classed as 'toxic' even on my soapbox issues
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 04:32 PM
I always walked Cherry on a harness and was very glad this was the case one day when her (newish) collar just suddenly snapped in half and broke off.

After that day I do tend to walk the dogs in harnesses as I was full of "what ifs" (what if this had happened when she didn't have her harness on, on a road or when she had spotted a cat on the other side of the road etc).
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2012, 04:37 PM
your post made me smile......how dare you not agree

Its harness here BTW
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »