Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 12:43 PM

How clean is your house?

and do you really worry about it?

I ask mainly as now I have 2 dogs and 2 kids the task of keeping the house clean and tidy is getting harder and harder, especially with all this blooming rain

Every time the dogs go out its another trail of paw prints, Zak is moulting for fun, so I have tumble weed like rolls of it going across the laminate. Zeita has just shredded her Santa toy so I have fluff added to that Samuel (youngest at 3) has just munched through a packet of Jaffas with crumbs everywhere So off to hoover again

I know last week my inlaws came for their weekly visit that they can just about spare us (thats another story lol) and you could see they were drawn straight to the muddy prints but before they or anybody I am expecting is due I run round like a mad woman trying to clean why do I do this ? its my house lol

Yes I like it to be clean but at what cost to living my life and having play time with the kids and doggies. I always hoover and mop every day so i do try

In laws have no dogs and a spotless house and I felt they thought I should have ,mopped and hoovered but I had, its just 5mins before they came the dogs wanted to go out

So do you all manage to keep your house clean and tidy all the time? if so how lol

Mel x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Hee hee hee...sounds like my house...although add a dog and take away a child!!!!!

My walls are manky as the old boy likes to press himself into walls especially when he's dirty..the floors are mopped and hoovered on a daily basis...but still there is hair EVERYWHERE and muddy footprints. It can get you down a lot, expecially in this weather and when you are tied to the house a bit....I've moppped the kitchen 3 times today though and it looks nice for a change....only takes a toilet visit for one of the dogs though......

Fear not....my house is a tip...
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 12:51 PM
I agree with you hun... its your house!! I like a home 'lived in' not clinical... not a complete dump either We have 1 dog, a new puppy and piggies and buns (they have their own room!!) Our house is tidyish, well til yesterday but Jamie is white so there are dog hairs... but so what? I have a dog!!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2008, 12:53 PM
We have 5 dogs, and as you probably noticed in the pics I posted yesterday, the house is mingin OH gets a bit annoyed but we love all our dogs, she said "it's about time you redecorated this place, the walls are filthy" so looks lie I'm gonna have to get the emulsion out and start slingin the paint brush over them.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Sometimes its tidy but mostly it isn't. I have 3 kids and to be honest I would rather spend time with them than the housework, doesn't stop me feeling guilty when mum or MIL visit. You can almost hear them ask why is the ironing not done
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

*sits and waits for inca*

Mine is not the cleanest by far, three dirty dogs see to that. But on the other side of the coin it is not dirty, it gets hoovered and dusted every day, the kitchen is kept clean. So while its not the highest standard its is not dirty...
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by nero View Post
We have 5 dogs, and as you probably noticed in the pics I posted yesterday, the house is mingin OH gets a bit annoyed but we love all our dogs, she said "it's about time you redecorated this place, the walls are filthy" so looks lie I'm gonna have to get the emulsion out and start slingin the paint brush over them.
The dogs???
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 12:59 PM
LOL.. we hear ya!!

And No.... Its my dogs and kids house.. if visitors don't like it then don't come in..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Well I always used to say that life's too short for all that housework, apart from my daily hoovering, and kitchen cleaning, but now that my house is all sparkly clean and new I really want to keep it that way, it looks so nice, and I'm very proud of it when people come round and admire it. So I just bought myself one of those super duper steam cleaners, and boy does it take the effort out of all that cleaning, you just stand there and hold it up to whatever needs a good clean and voila, job done! This morning I've done the whole kitchen including windows, cooker and hob, and then did all the other windows, then I carted it upstairs and did all the upstairs windows and bathroom I was like a mad woman I just couldn't stop!!! Now I've completely done my back in with all that and need a long lie down coz I'm finding it hard to walk!

I might go back to my theory that life's too short though
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 01:02 PM
The house will be there when we're all 6 feet under. Why worry about it? As long as its fundamentally clean. I mean loos and dishes kind of things. The rest won't matter. Its you people come to see not the house and if they don't like it they don't need to come back
Now tel lme why I run around cleaning everything I can think of when I know someone's coming
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >