Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-03-2008, 12:02 AM

Jethro Tull - My Daughter wants to go!

What do you think ?

Jethro Tull play in Perth in May and Hannah (8 years old) wants to go.

Ever since she was a bairn she's liked 'old' rock music and she loves the song 'Thick as a brick'. It's all my fault really -although I could blame my older brother for my musical tastes. Despite being really unfashionable - I like the fact she simply likes what she likes.

Anyway, I jokingly asked her if she wanted to see Jethro Tull on their 40th aniversary tour and she really wants to go.

I'd never dream of taking her to some of the concerts & festivals I've been to over the years but I know the venue -Perth Concert hall. It's quite civilized and it's nice seating etc.

Just wondered what you thought ?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 12:16 AM
!! Well I wouldn't only beacuse he has a filthy mouth for an 8 year old to hear ! Him and Denzel get up to allthorts, I saw him many years ago and apparently he's worse now !!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Go for it, Its not as if she is going on her own, you will be there, or is that why you are worried.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-03-2008, 12:21 AM
LOL - Yes Ian Anderson can be a bit that way but (and I don't want to start a debate) Hannah is quite used to 'language'.

I was thinking more about noise and possible 'jostling' at a seated (which is new to me) venue.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
LOL - Yes Ian Anderson can be a bit that way but (and I don't want to start a debate) Hannah is quite used to 'language'.

I was thinking more about noise and possible 'jostling' at a seated (which is new to me) venue.
Phil, she's your daughter, and I'm sure most kids have heard bad language, including my own, by I certainly wouldnt subject my twin 8 year old daughters to listening to a bloke talking about what treasures he can pull out of his wife's fanny and how her tits feel in his mouth !!

Chubby brown eat your heart out !
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2008, 12:28 AM
'language'. I am guessing united games?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-03-2008, 12:41 AM
This is my dilema. He's a highly educated, inteligent, middle class, cat loving, environmentally friendly, flute playing kind of guy. But he does revert to that kind of thing I suppose. I saw them years back and don't really remember it being too 'blue'
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 08:19 AM
I was going to say take Hannah, until I heard about the language thing. My daughter grew up with "language" and is fine.......
Your call, Phil
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 08:41 AM
I think I've got my wires crossed , I immediately thought of the bearded foul mouthed so called comedian, and no way should you take an 8 year old to see him, but I've got a feeling your are on about a pop group, for want of calling them something I've don't know what their music is like, would you be able to take her, is there an age restriction on admitance, I don't know, but you are her dad and I'm sure you will do what is best for her
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 10:50 AM
i went to see jethro tull years ago, i had a great time. dont remember hearing any bad language,just lots of ppl dancing and enjoying them selves.
id take her she would enjoy it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >