Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 06:34 PM

Change due to updates.

I have been having a little problem with my computer where it would go blank for a couple of seconds and then it would come back again. Then I would get a message saying the display driver stopped responding but has recovered. Well someone on another website suggested that I find the maker of my graphic card which I have done and do some updates which I have done. I had to restart my computer and now I find that all my Icons on my desktop and gone quite small and the type print on everyting is much smaller, is there any reason for this, should I be worried or not.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I`m not very technical so probably of no help but maybe to help others who will know what`s what :

If you right click on your desktop screen, click where it says Properties, then click the tab which says Settings, you should see a slider which shows Screen Area and number of pixels, [ mine says 1024 x 768 pixels ].
What does yours say ?

If I alter mine to a lower number of pixels my icons will go larger as will the text under them.

Alternatively, still with the Properties box open, click on the tab which says Effects - there should be a line giving you an option to use Large Icons, so if that does`nt have a tick in the box, click to tick it then click Apply, and see if that puts them back to the right size for you ?

Edited to add, maybe the update reset everything to default which would explain the icons going smaller, on my PC default is small icons hence needing to tick in the properties box if I wanted them bigger - I think that`s what might have happened to yours but someone more savvy should be able to confirm that or to blow my theory out of the water lol ]
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2008, 07:17 PM
It is because the resolution has increased, making icons smaller.
Nothing to worry about, just increase like patch as instructed.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Thank you so much for your information my Icons are now back to normal.