Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 07:55 PM

Kyle Dyer interview after dog bite

Hope its ok for me to post the link but I thought it was an intreresting interview. She says she didnt realise she was threatening the dog and she and she hopes a lot of other people have learned from the incident and ulitmately it was an accident.

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediace...le-dyer/30159/
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Just saw this on Victoria Stillwell's blog. I think she is a very brave lady for admitting that she simply didn't know. It's hard to admit when you are wrong, especially when you have been injured. I hope people learn from her mistake, and don't get up close to dogs they don't know. Most people cannot read the subtle signs of dog body language. I think education on the subject is in order - in all schools to begin with and hopefully people will know not to put themselves and dogs in this situation. I'm glad she's ok.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Exactly. People are saying how stupid she is etc and yes it was silly but everyone cant be expected to know everything about everything. Especially about dogs if youre not a dog owner. Shes learned and thats what matters.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 08:56 PM
tbh, I hadnt a clue who she was, just watched the interview and agree with you both though. I havent seen any clips from the original interview.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
tbh, I hadnt a clue who she was, just watched the interview and agree with you both though. I havent seen any clips from the original interview.
The original story is on here Trouble in the "news" section if you are interested. Basically a dog was saved from a lake and then it went on her chat show with its owner and she was cuddling him and grabbing his head, he was turning away and lick lipping and then she went to kiss him and he did a little snap and caught her lip. It was a dogo too so good she has admitted responsibility.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 09:10 PM
She comes across as a nice person and sensible with it. She made a mistake but has handled it really well. I'm glad she is recovering and also that the dog has been spared, after all it was just a warning snap (with unfortunate consequences).
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 09:32 PM
What a super woman and super human being too. She comes across as SO genuine. Not a bit sensation seeking or overdramatic - just a thoroughly grounded really nice person.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
The original story is on here Trouble in the "news" section if you are interested. Basically a dog was saved from a lake and then it went on her chat show with its owner and she was cuddling him and grabbing his head, he was turning away and lick lipping and then she went to kiss him and he did a little snap and caught her lip. It was a dogo too so good she has admitted responsibility.
ah, thanks for that, I "get it" a bit more now...why would have been a big thing in the press...
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
ah, thanks for that, I "get it" a bit more now...why would have been a big thing in the press...
Oops sorry haha no idea why i said troble lol Must be the dobes
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Oops sorry haha no idea why i said troble lol Must be the dobes
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >