Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 11:11 AM

Bowel incontinence

Roxy has this affliction.

Baz has just cleaned the carpet.......

I now want to kill her........

I was in the room, hoovering the bugs off the ceiling, and she was right beside me - in fact she barked at the hoover. The back door was wide open......

She's poo'd nice runny squit on my rug (as well as other places) and I can't put it in the washing machine. I've tried to clean it up, but the poo is bright bloody orange when "diluted" (sorry) and it won't bloody well come off. I'm going to have to put it in the machine and hope for the best - it's ruined as it is anyway

AARRRGGGHHH!

Is it right that you can get drugs that help with incontinence? Is it just for the bladder?

We're up the vets tomorrow for a blood test for her hypo-t, so I'll mention it to Dean.......

Anyone else have this trouble?

<sigh>
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Is it poss she may not feel it happening? mabey the exertion of the barking at the hoover kinda played a part,
You could try hanging the rug up outside, and hoseing the part thats stained, save killing the washing machine as well as the rug
hope the vet can help you with the problems xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
She was a rescue, Shona, and I've always had trouble house-training her. Thanks to frequent walks, it's not really that much of a problem. Sadly, as she's got older, she doesn't even know she's doing it.

The other night she poo'd in her sleep, woke up and trailed it to the back door........ poo'ing as she went!

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
She was a rescue, Shona, and I've always had trouble house-training her. Thanks to frequent walks, it's not really that much of a problem. Sadly, as she's got older, she doesn't even know she's doing it.

The other night she poo'd in her sleep, woke up and trailed it to the back door........ poo'ing as she went!

awe the poor wee sole, she must be upset about it, try to save the rug, its the best you can do,,, now what takes orange poo out of rugs,,,,rubs chin...........off to google it for you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe the poor wee sole, she must be upset about it, try to save the rug, its the best you can do,,, now what takes orange poo out of rugs,,,,rubs chin...........off to google it for you
TBH, we're not usually as stressed as this about it (well me, actually, Baz is totally chilled) but having JUST cleaned the bloody carpet, it's made me very cross. Fortunately, Baz is copping my anger - Roxy, bless, is totally oblivious...... a bit like her attitude to poo'ing, really - bless (I think!)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 11:33 AM
http://barefoot_lass.tripod.com/carpet.html

hth x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks, chick xx
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Not sure about the actual incontinence but you can certainly get drugs to make the motions firm & less messy, had a bitch who was prone to uncontrolable diarrhoea, & she had medicine for this. Had to sympathise with her as I have ibs myself & now how it can hit you so suddenly. If I remember rightly her medicine was based on kaolin. I used to keep it in so I could treat at the first sign of trouble.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Not sure about the actual incontinence but you can certainly get drugs to make the motions firm & less messy, had a bitch who was prone to uncontrolable diarrhoea, & she had medicine for this. Had to sympathise with her as I have ibs myself & now how it can hit you so suddenly. If I remember rightly her medicine was based on kaolin. I used to keep it in so I could treat at the first sign of trouble.
Yep, I have IBS too.

Thanks Sue - I'll ask the vet for some tomorrow.

If it's solid, it's not really a problem, but she had breast of lamb for breakfast, and this is the result.

I can't feed her on mince alone for the rest of her life
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Not saying it's the same at all, but one of my old girls problems before she went become both ways incontinence as you probably remember Vicki. I know the vet gave us some pills we used to grind into her food that did help a little bit, but I can't remember for the life of me what they were and whether they were FOR incontinence or were when he thought she may have picked an infection up. Sorry i'm hopeless.
I hope she picks up a little, and your rug comes clean!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >