View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Cherry's other eye operation booked!(Update @ post 18)

We went back to Newmarket today with Cherry (lovely driving through the snow but fortunately it was all main roads so well-gritted). The vet she normally sees wasn't there so we saw his boss. We asked her about having Cherry's other eye done as we are concerned about running out of insurance money using it all for check-ups for the eye she has had operated on that wasn't a success.

She has booked Cherry in for next Sunday! She will be having the cataract removed and an operation to remove the eyelashes that are ingrowing on both eyes (entropion).

I am on leave from work the next week so it will be strange just having one dog again and Parker really missed her last time but at least I can go and mix more with the other dog owners which I can't always do with Cherry about (depending on if it is a dog she knows and likes or not!).

Please think of Cherry next week and pray this time it will be a success as having good eyesight in one eye would be a massive improvement from what she has now (poor eyesight in both). My husband Jamie says she will feel much better with the eyelashes removed anyway.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Hi Stephanie , I understand entropion can be very uncomfortable for a dog so as your husband says Cherry should feel much better after the operation

Wishing Cherry a successful operation for the removal of the cataract too.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Stephanie , I understand entropion can be very uncomfortable for a dog so as your husband says Cherry should feel much better after the operation

Wishing Cherry a successful operation for the removal of the cataract too.
Thank you!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Hope the operation goes well.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Hoping everything goes well for Cherry and makes things better for her, sending a (be brave) hug x
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Hope it all goes well.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Just to say the vet rang up and spoke to Jamie (my husband) yesterday to say that Cherry had come through her cataract and entropion operation safely.

I spoke to him today and he said they were pleased with her and she is being a good girl and we should be able to pick her up at the end of the week.

Parker is a bit mopey as he is a year younger than Cherry and they have always lived together. Fortunately I'm on holiday this week so he hasn't been left alone whilst I go to work in the mornings.

Looking forward to collecting Cherry but am a bit worried as don't want to be negative but last time she was fine when we bought her home and then developed glaucoma a week later.

We are going to ensure she is kept very quiet as we have the dog crate ready to leave her in when she can't be watched as although she is nearly 10 she is a very active dog and very hard to stop her playing with her balls etc. Last itme she came home after her cataract operation I scoured the house for her kong balls and thought I had moved them all out of paws' reach. She was home 5 minutes and had found one I missed in the garden little monkey!

I am sure she will feel a zillion times better with those nasty ingrowing eyelashes out of the way anyway and the vet said she has eyesight in the eye they removed the cataract from so that is brilliant news. Parker will get a shock if he tries to grab treats from under her nose now!!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
..such good news ... watch out Parker..and you! lol
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2010, 02:14 PM
So pleased she has come through the op, fingers crossed for an excellent recovery...I know you can't wait to get her home xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Great news Stephanie hope all goes well for a speedy recovery..
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >