Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 01:41 PM

Rehoming an older puppy farm bitch

Leading on from another thread-----For those who think buying a pup from a puppy farmer is wrong----is it 'acceptable' to pay for an older bitch or do the same 'rules' apply?

Even not paying for it you still create a situation where it will be replaced by another one.

Is it better to ignore it and let the breeder pts?

rune
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-06-2010, 01:47 PM
If no money is offered then there is no incentive for continuance so I do not consider it to be analogous with puppy purchases.

A puppyfarmer needs puppy buyers. He doesn't need homes for his worn-out bitches.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2010, 02:00 PM
As hard hearted as it seems no money would ever change hands between me and a puppy farmer, I believe it encourages them in their nasty trade. If everyone stopped buying from them they'd find another way to make money.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
A puppyfarmer needs puppy buyers. He doesn't need homes for his worn-out bitches.
but, if he realises that he can also get money for his bitches then he will use that option. It's a tough one but for me giving any money to these people is a travesty. They should have no outlets at all.
Becky
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
will be replaced by another one.

rune
The problem is most of them don't PTS, they either abandon them, or take them out back with a shovel, puppy farmers don't waste money on a humane way of getting rid of their useless stock
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I wouldnt like ot give them any money at all
But I dont see paying for an ex breeding bitch encourages them to get another and breed more, the demand for the puppies is the reason they will get another bitch
and sure if paying a little to give the girl a chance at the end of a hard life then I would - while also grabing all the evidence I could to get them shut down
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
but, if he realises that he can also get money for his bitches then he will use that option. It's a tough one but for me giving any money to these people is a travesty. They should have no outlets at all.
Becky
I agree but I took the OP to be a reference to rescue or adoption of ex-breeders where no money is paid.

I might pay Many Tears for having rescued such a dog but I would never entertain giving a puppyfarmer a brass nickel for anything.

Edit to add: I see I have misread the OP and it is a reference to sold dogs. My apologies. Nah, Becky is right. No outlets at all.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 02:17 PM
i would hate to give them money... but my heart would rule my head... i think most PFs would just abandoned them though.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Leading on from another thread-----For those who think buying a pup from a puppy farmer is wrong----is it 'acceptable' to pay for an older bitch or do the same 'rules' apply?

Even not paying for it you still create a situation where it will be replaced by another one.

rune
Personally , there is no way in hell I would pay a PF a penny for a pup/dog

Nor would I take a dog off his hands, to make space for the next one.

So sadly , the bit I highlighted would be my choice.

Until we stop buying from the, or taking in their rejects, they will go on with the disgusting practice.
RFM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-06-2010, 05:04 PM
the only way I woudl take one is if what taken in a raid and the farm was shut down. Otherwise, as much as it would break my heart, I would have to walk away.

I HATE puppy farms. It makes me sick just thinking about them.

Oh, but you can be sure my mouth would get the better of me and I would tell the seller exactly what I thought of their despicable practice.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »