View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 12:00 PM

Can you give Diesel a special home? (2 yr old greyhound)

I didn't know where to post this as there is no area specified but I got this email through from greyhound gap today and felt I needed to post it here, just in case:

We currently have in our care and have done for three months a 2 year old blue brindle male greyhound Diesel. Diesel sadly has been diagnosed with Discoid Lupus which requires regular medication and vets trips. Although currently in foster now that he is feeling better he is suffering from extreme boredom with the older hounds in residence during the day when his foster career is away from home at work.

Diesel has decided to amuse himself due to the steroid medication that he would like to constantly raid the fridge bless him and has now also started to jump the dog gate to get at it. Also the other dogs in the house need to be walked seperatly and he isnt happy being left totally alone whilst this takes place.

The condition causes Diesel to have inflammed type joints at times and a crusty sore nose, with the combination drugs therapy this is now under control. Other than that Diesel is your average young Greyhound, he has seen cats and stands and barks at them and also barks at smaller dogs, well everything in excitement at the moment on walks but doesnt harm or show any intention of harming anything the gets up close to and just wants to play.

The only other stipulation with Diesels condition is that he cannot be vaccinated. Therefore it is imperative to keep him safe that all other dogs in the home/foster have been and are kept up to date with injectons and that other dogs from pounds etc arnt regularly being brought through.

Diesels costs WILL be covered in full by Gap if in a foster situation and if a permanant situation we will continue to support for life the costs of medication necessary for his condition and insurance premiums.

Please please if you can help this boy on a longterm basis let me know. He cannot stay where he is for much longer and may need to move into kennels, as he cant be vaccinated it would be a very lonely existance for him in complete isolation from all other dogs.

Call Lisa on 01782 544728 or Liz on 01473 623343 if you can help.