Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:06 AM

Feeling sorry for myself

I have had a really bad cough lately, which in turn has pulled all the muscles along my ribs, been to the docs, got some painkillers....rubbish...not doing a thing, woke up this morning in agony, now it hurts to breathe it feels like i am being stabbed with a very sharp knife but have to carry on as Mia (5) needed getting ready for school, breakfast etc all the usual mum stuff.

I asked Mia to fetch me some tissue, she said why do i have to do everything, you never do anything for me i was in so much pain i couldnt answer her and just burst into tears.

I am now feeling crap, useless and very sorry for myself and the pain is ridiculous i feel like i have busted a rib.

Moan over thanks for listening
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Sorry to hear you're so poorly, it sounds very much how I am when I've got bronchitis. Apart from the obvious feeling drained and having a hacking cough, it does all sorts of things to your muscles and I very often faint from lack of oxygen whilst coughing. Are you sure you haven't got something worse than just a bad cough? You may need some antibiotics to help shift it. I always feel depressed and tearful when I've got it so it's worth going back to the doctors.

I really hope you start to feel better soon.

Sheree x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Hi Sheree

Thank you. I have some antibiotics for the cough, which are working a treat, the cough is much better but the pain in my ribs is getting worse i am on co dydramol for the pain but its worse than useless. I have made a docs appt for 10am, hopefully he can give me something stronger for the pain.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:37 AM
ah hun sorry your feeling poorly healing vibes and big hugs to you
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Awwww thank you Dolly that did make me smile
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Hope you are feeling better soon I have had an awful cough too seems there is a lot about mine is only just going had it 5 weeks.The antibiotics should help the infection,hopefully they can give you something stronger for the pain.(((Hugs))).
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Thank you Lynn

Am off to the docs now so fingers crossed!!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 09:19 AM
know how you are feeling.I`m not as bad as you but have a bad cough at the mo. I have pulled stomach muscles and some around my back. Every time I cough I have to stand still and cross my legs too!!!!Spending time sat on settee at the mo as it is better when I am stationary.Hope you get on ok at docs.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Well back from docs and turns out i have a chest infection which is what is causing all the pain. Have been given some linctus with codine in it and some ibuprofen to take on top of the other drugs i got on Monday , i will be rattling by the end of the day.

Have a few days rest the doc said :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

Yeah right, like thats gonna happen!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Sorry you are not feeling well but at least you will be on the mend now with your medication. It could have been worse. I suffer with asthma and c.o.p.d. So I know what you are feeling like. I always tell people who have a cough for a long time to see a doc. I suffered for weeks thinking it will go away as I don't like going to doctors but it is so important to catch something early. Hope you feel better soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >