Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2006, 02:14 PM

What would be your perfect dress size??

I ask because for ages I have been trying to lose weight and I really really wanted to be a size eight but today I have had a bit of an epiphany and realised that it is NEVER going to happen. I am just not going to go to the gym everyday and eat only lettuce for the rest of my life so my new goal is size 10. I just want to be able to go shopping, pick some size ten trousers out and have them fit me - without being tight round the bum, or gaping at the waist... just fit me!!

I'm a sort of size 12 at the moment (tight round the bum/legs, loose round the waist... you get the idea!) so not so far to go Really I've got to motivate myself to do some exercise as I need toning more than anything - especially my thunder thighs!! I've made a good start though - have been swimming twice this week and have just bought myself a skipping rope so I can skip when I can't be bothered to go to the swimming pool

Anyway - does anyone else have a specific dress size goal - do you think it's realistic? Does everyone else have the same sizing trouble as me - I never seem to fit into clothes whatever size they are supposed to be!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Hmm well I'm a size 12 at the mo and TBH I'm happy with that, would just like to be a more toned size 12.

I'm never going to be a size 8 or 10 cos I'm just not built that way and I don't really want to be cos I quite like where I am weight wise.
The weird thing with me is I'm always the same size no matter what I weigh. I've been right down to 9st 6 (bit skinny really) all the way upto 11st 4 (not happy with that!) and I'm always a size 12. Must just spread my weight about!
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah it funny because last august time i was eight and a half stone and i was a size 10/12 now im 9 stone and im still the same! Strange!
frizzy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2006, 02:25 PM
I would like to be a size 12-that would be lovely..
I'm a struggling size 14,but if i put my mind to it i'm sure i could lose that stone-i just don't exercise enough to get rid of those extra wobbly bits
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Dress size i'm a 12 to compensate for the top half! But it looks to baggy round my waist & hips
Trouser wise i'm a 8 - 10. Used to be a 14 - 16 3 months ago. I have been going to weight watchers.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Wheaten mad
Yeah it funny because last august time i was eight and a half stone and i was a size 10/12 now im 9 stone and im still the same! Strange!
Could be muscle. Muscle weighs heavier than fat
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jules1
Could be muscle. Muscle weighs heavier than fat
ah yeah thats a good point
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Congratulations Jules1 - thats really good in three months

I have also done WW in the past and got from size 14 to size 12... never went to the meetings, just got the books online and counted the points myself. It worked well although I did become a bit obsessed by food and counting points... I had to stop in the end as it was taking over my life! Thats why I'm going more for exercise rather than dieting now
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I go to the meetings but i don't stop. I have 6 lbs to lose until i get to my goal. I will keep going to help monitor my weight.
I am definately obsessed with what i eat & it has definately took over my life
I'm going to lose a little bit more. I would like to be 7lbs lighter than my goal.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi,
Being a man I really have no say in this department, but, I think that 12/14 is a nice size, you're not a twig that looks as though you'll snap it touched, and you are not too heavy.

Don't go by your weight, two people could be 10 stone, one may be a size 12 and another a size 16, why? because as some has said muscle does actually weigh more than fat.

Just love who you are and stop trying to change yourselfes.

Another thing I have often heard is - I want a flat stomach, - in my opinion a woman with a flat stomach is strange, As my mother always said, you should never have a flat stomach because all your reproductive organs etc are internal to you, men's are external. I am floundering here, but I think you'll know what I mean.

I here wearing a hard hat!!!

Ian
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »