Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaspode
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2007, 01:21 PM

Late entries

If you arrive at a show and find your entry has not been received, can you enter on the day?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 01:22 PM
If you have proof of posting and it is an Open show.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 01:28 PM
only if you have proof of posting, even at a champ show with proof of posting but you'd need to ring the secretary before if your passes havent arrived so there expecting you.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 01:28 PM
You can also do this at a Champ show too.
A friend of mine had obviously entered one. She had paid for it as her cheque had cleared. Somehow the entry had been overlooked so when she checked when her passes didn't appear. They found the entry. She was sent an admission pass and had to see the show secretary to get her benching and put in the class. Her name was obviously missing from the catalogue etc. but she was allowed to compete as it wasn't her error.
There is a lot being discussed as proof of entry as some people are being naughty, sending empty envelopes then seeing what the entries are like etc.
I do get a proof of entry but i always put an SAE in with my entry which is signed by the secretary and returned to me. This is an extra backup in your favour.
Gaspode
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. Here's a hypothetical one for you then:
If I have several dogs and enter them all, is it possible to arrive at a show and find some entered and some not?
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2007, 02:02 PM
If they were all entered on one form then yes but it would be a secretarial error. When you turn up on the day the secretary should have all the entry forms there and be able to check which dogs were entered.

Debs
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I know of someone who arrived - didn't have a proof of posting and still managed to get themself entered at the show.

Re: only some entered - not sure how that would happen! unless on different entry sheets and one went missing I guess - that could happen??? but the entry fee would differ so should be queried?
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Re: only some entered - not sure how that would happen!
I'm guessing a lapse in concentration on either the secretary's or printers part. They may just have missed out a line on the entry form. All too easily done I'm afraid if you take your mind off the job.

Debs
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
If you turn up at a show and the paperwork is not there then the Committee cannot stop you from entering at that point. If it is found you haven't paid or you have no proof of entry, then you would be disqualified from any wins you had that day.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I've entered Blackpool and my cheque has cleared but I haven't received any passes, I've just thought!!!!

How near the date do they tend to arrive?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >