Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:19 AM

puppy naming

Ok as ya all know dollyk is a nosey old bat , i was wondering after ZB posted her puppy pics how everyone who breeds puppies comes up with their little names before they go to their forever homes ,one of ZB is called crazy frog (so cute i want her ) i tend to wait till there personallity starts to come threw but on occasion have picked there names from day one .
But how does everyone else pick there and what type of thing spurs you to name them there said name , as i say im a nosey old bat xxdk
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Apart from those that I breed myself, the names kind of just pop into my head!
Becky
BEN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:38 AM
we are getting ben in a week and we base it on what he looks like it hit us straight away his name
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
with zoeys litter and bonnies and as all of them i wait till there wee personalities pop out then the names sort of pop into my head,crazy frog was called that as at bottle feeding time he would scramble out of bed and fly round the floor like a wee crazy frog,then theres the wee deaf one called fluff,hes all white and like a bit of fluff,betsy was called so by her new owners,(yukky name but then i dont got to stand in the park calling betsy do i)indie was called so after reading incas thread,but as it dont suit the pup im keeping i used it for the wee brindle one,and lexi just popped in my head too,after looking in on the inutes thread,little bear cause he loos like a little bear,and same for big bear.,nike for bonnies dog,cause i was sorting out trainers at the time and it siuts him,big bear well he looks like a bear,and lady becuse she looks like her,and the kids have added prince and bonnie to the list,lots of nice names for nice babies xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
i called beau (beau) cos all i cud think was she is beautiful ,one of my past puppies i named jade and she really suited it imo ., but her new mommy called her flossy ,and a boy pup we had was called lennox as he had a shape of an L on his belly xxdk
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 05:00 PM
I tend not to name my puppies "pet names" until their families have met them and named them. this way I don't get mixed up calling them my name instead of the new owners name. I will however call them things like "3 spots" "Lil Diggi" "Diggi Girl" "Fatty" things like that they are more names of ID than pet names. I find it hard enough not getting too attached without giving them names i like and then owners changing them.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I tend not to name my pups with pet names except the ones I keep.though dini from ny last litter was called that by everyone who searched for her after Houdini, never knew a puppy who could get into so many places.
For their litter names I used a Welsh dictionary & a different letter of the alphabet for each litter. I spent hours choosing names, though my friend who had one of my D litter said I'm having Dai then I can say it & spell it.
There can be problems if you don't think about a pet name before you use it., friend had one who was called puddles for obvious reasons problem was she answered to it & wouldn't respond to anything else. In the end she became spud or spuddles.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 09:09 PM
mine are more id names aswell its just so we know who they are,not that they know who they are,if you get my drift.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Our pups three weeks old now and starting to get their own personalities, so cute one is like his Dad s real softie but acts brave, one so much like her Mum even sleeps on her back legs in the air same as her Mum, yet staaring at them tog they all look so alike just like tiny polar bears, yes naming them hard, been looking for kennel club names this evening, choosing Japanese names a nightmare but have got a few now as wanted the meanings to be suitable for each pup, will be hard letting them go to homes though as this is their home!!!!!!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 05:52 PM
With gemma i knew her name even befor i saw her dont know why and carnt explain it ,but i never waeverd,with ruby it was different ,as she already had a name but when we dicided to change it we chose ruby to stay with a gemstone sort of theme ,how sad are we