Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
charlenechapman
New Member!
Female 

14-09-2008, 05:12 PM

Kai and the french doors!

Unfortunatley my little man decided to run through a french door whilst it was closed and needless to say come off a bit worse for wear !!!

OH's parents were looking after the dogs for us so we could stay over at a friends house and just as we got there we had a phone call from OH's mum saying that Kai had just run straight through their single pane french doors and had cut his leg open.
The dogs had just come back from a walk and were tearing round the living room, the next thing OH's mum heard was an almighty crash and Kai was standing in the conservatory after going through the closed door.

She kindly got in contact with the vet and took him down there for us to be examined. The vet had to sedate Kai so that she could stitch up a large clean cut on his front leg which had gone down to the bone and also stitch together two tendons that had been cut as well.
He has to have complete cage rest now until tuesday and can only go out on lead to go to the loo, this will hopefully allow the tendons to re-attach and stop him from potentially losing the movement in his foot.

He looks so sad at the moment laying in his cage straped up in blue vet wrap .
I haven't seen the wound yet but I've got to take him back to the vets on tuesday for a check up and dressing change so I will post again with progress.

Hopefully all being well and if he keeps still for long enough everything will heal without any problems. He's a very lucky boy to not have come away with worse injuries!!

Get well soon Kai x-x
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Ouch poor Kai, I had a Boxer that crashed into patio doors as a pup and broke his neck. Took months to fully recover and these days it's my excuse for having mucky looking french doors, at least the dogs can see them.
Hope he's feeling better soon x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Hope Kai is well soon hun. I had one of mine (some years back) run into the patio door and knocked themselves out.
Big (((((((hugs))))))) poor baby
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Oooooo poor Kai, hope he is ok and soon recovers.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Poor Kai...Hope its not too painful xx

My Kai,Run into the French Doors, but luckily it was the Door that got Hurt....He knocked it clean out he just carried on running like nothing happened
RiverWild!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Hope Kai is doing alright, poor sod is Poppy keeping a look out for him?

Shelly
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:27 PM
oh poor thing. Wishing Kai a speedy recovery. x
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Blimey, what a shock for everyone. Hope he recovers quickly.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Ouch!

That sounds horrendous.

Hope Kai recovers soon, hon - poor lad x0x
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2008, 11:23 AM
When I was a child we had a boxer and he twice jumped through the downstairs window which was closed at the time ! He was really badly cut the second time, but survived after surgery, thankfully he didn't do it again after that !.Hope your dog recovers soon.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >