Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 01:36 PM

Me in hospital this time

Well the last 3 or 4 days i have been in pain with my Coccyx bone. Ive hardly been able to sit down. Yesturday was the last straw, all night i couldnt even lie on my back to sleep, i couldnt get out of bed and when i was walking i was in so much pain i felt like being sick everytime i touched it by sitting down. So my dad said that he wanted me to go to the hospital, i felt a bit silly going to the hospital for a little injury but its been gradually getting worse and worse over the last few days.

When i went in to see the doctor i told her how sore it was and that i knew it wasnt brusied as i do kickboxing and i know what a bruised Coccyx feels like as i get my legs kicked out from under me all the time. This was a totally different pain. I really didint know how it came about but i know that i hadnt fell, i just really didnt know what was wrong.

So she asked me to go on the bed and had a look. When she touched the area i nearly jumped out of my skin it was that painful. Apparently i have an abscess on my Coccyx which is bigger than a 50p and is very deep. No wonder ive been in so much pain, its growing every day and from yday its grown so much more. Ive been bombarded with antibiotics and painkillers. I have to take 4000mg of antibiotics a day,2 paracetamol, 2 ibroprofen and 2 30mg of codiene 4 times a day. I feel as high as a kite lol. If the pain does not go away by tomorrow i have to go back to the hospital where i can only guess that they are goiing to open it up and drain it.

Seriously is someone looking down on me and thinking 'oh she can take more' lol. Its getting a bit beyond a joke now
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Oh dear.

Hope it can be sorted soon for you

(((HUGS)))
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Yeah its badly infected so i dont see it getting better today or 2moz. Im not looking forward to the drainage if i have to get it
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 01:48 PM
oh my word hun, what a time of it you are having.

I'm so glad that your Dad made you go to the hospital and they have quickly established what the problem is - fingers crossed you'll heal quickly.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Hope you get well soon!

From what I know they usually try to remove them?
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Ouch, I have everything crossed for the ab's to do their job.
Sending you some healing vibes xxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh dear, that sounds really sore.

Big hugs and I hope they sort it out very soon!
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Hope the medicines are doing their stuff and you are feeling better today.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 05:26 PM
You poor thing - that sounds really painful. Hope the antibiotics have kicked in & started working. Are you run down? Hope you feel better soon xx
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Hope you get well soon!

From what I know they usually try to remove them?
Do you know much about them. Ive been reading up about it and i know its called a Pilonidal Cyst and ive seen pics of their removal which are horrible i must say.

Its not getting any better at all so im going to have to get it lanced 2moz at the hospital
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >