Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2014, 06:23 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Almost cold enough for the heating this morning, a definite chill in the air, but thankfully, a dry one today. So much rain yesterday, the woods will be sodden, so we're off up along the top or maybe down the beach once I've checked on the tides.

Nothing much planned for today, just nipping here and there for different bits, and must remember the vets for Zena's Stronghold. She hasn't scratched since I did the flea bomb in the bedroom 2 days ago, and my ankle bites have stopped so it must have been fleas.

I had a quick skim through last night, but can only remember you had problems with the car June, so I hope you got that sorted.

Lynn, I see you went into Dunelms, I hope you don't get my bug now, and blimey, the price of those windows, but I did tell you to sit down. Hopefully, you can have a shop around and get something cheaper locally. Enjoy another day with Gorden at home and hope Dillon let you have a good night. We never did hear what happened overnight when you had a bad one did we? I'll have to look back.

Enjoy your day everyone and see you later if I can get back on here.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Good morning Helena and all..

Wind has turned to the north west and a chill one at that so a snug day and maybe yes will light the range later. Someone promised me turf in the pub last night but he is Irish so I may never see it.

Everyone furry is very hungry so the slow cooker is on already.

Dried lavender scents the house as a bag arrived yesterday..for sachets to sell.

Here comes the rain....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Morning Helena and Rose.

Enjoy the walk hope you find a dry one. Sunny here at the moment.
I am sure we can find cheaper windows we may end up having one done at a time there's only 3 to be done then the front door.

Knew it was going to go wrong when they didn't turn up then excuses then the promo was now cancelled but he would see what he could do, yeah right I know all about that old soft soaping.
Gorden said he didn't think anyone did the I'll ring the boss stuff any more then sitting here making up annoying chat while waiting for his boss to ring back. Even I can give you a quote from Everest to show how much cheaper we are to which I replied don't bother what's the point.
I ended up having to close the non sale.
We are popping out this afternoon Gorden is finishing off the stairs so we will pop in to one of the local showrooms that's what we did in Harlow and loved those windows and the service. Much more competitive too.
Dillon is sleeping inside now all night too. Till 8 most mornings the weather is much cooler and he is feeling better . That bad night wasn't Dillon it was just not being able to sleep both of us not sure why.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2014, 07:38 AM
Morning Helens,Rose & Lynn
Been up since 6.30am Could have been the rain lashing against the window but thankful for an early rise,lots to do Have the fan on,unbelievable clammy The Princess has gone back to sleep and I'm off to investigate a strange smell in my utility room Can't figure out what it is but it's not pleasant
Well done Dillion,such a good boy bet you're well happy Lynn
Have a great day all,see ya later
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Morning all.
Sorry I didn't get back yesterday, I had a visit from my Nephew and 2 of his 3 annoying children. They wound Pepsi up, threw her ball up onto the roof and then when they had gone I found a patch of mud on the new carpet I left it to dry and I am about to hoover it up

Another lovely day, cooler but sunny and fresh. Off to Torquay for a mooch and who knows maybe the car will take us to a carpark!
See you all later.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Going for a mooch and then parking?at this time of the morning??Geez,you two are really all loved up keeps the ole spark alive,no doubt NIP JEN...enjoy
to the mud on the carpet and the Pepsi torture
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Morning

I hope you have a good walk up on top today Helena.

Mmmm we have a lavender bush by the door and the smells that come in are lovely Rosebud. I love seeing all the bees on it.

Bad form, that windows man trying to pull a fast one, Lynn. You go elsewhere and I hope you find something much better.

Morning Nippy and Lacey, I hope you both have a good day.

Not a great walk this morning because of this man with an off lead dog. Even though I tried to take a different route over the field, there it was, a mile away from the owner who was whistling ineffectually. I was really p*d off because Loki didn't get to go off lead as much as I'd wanted.

Ah well, he seems happy enough.

Have a good day.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena and Rose.

Enjoy the walk hope you find a dry one. Sunny here at the moment.
I am sure we can find cheaper windows we may end up having one done at a time there's only 3 to be done then the front door.

Knew it was going to go wrong when they didn't turn up then excuses then the promo was now cancelled but he would see what he could do, yeah right I know all about that old soft soaping.
Gorden said he didn't think anyone did the I'll ring the boss stuff any more then sitting here making up annoying chat while waiting for his boss to ring back. Even I can give you a quote from Everest to show how much cheaper we are to which I replied don't bother what's the point.
I ended up having to close the non sale.
We are popping out this afternoon Gorden is finishing off the stairs so we will pop in to one of the local showrooms that's what we did in Harlow and loved those windows and the service. Much more competitive too.
Dillon is sleeping inside now all night too. Till 8 most mornings the weather is much cooler and he is feeling better . That bad night wasn't Dillon it was just not being able to sleep both of us not sure why.

Makes me very glad to be renting as all that is for the landlord.. this one trusts me with the phone number of a reliable NON -IRISH plumber... roof tiles still not fixed after the Feb storm but hey; not my job.

Signing off for the day; very tired and sore and family troubles etc need a Prayer Day here...

Blessings and peace
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Good morning everyone,

Lovely day out there and cool, bless, just as I like it.

Lynn, Glad Dillon is finding the weather easier to cope with. It has been hot for dogs.

Helena, what's the latest with regard to the workshop and Dave's business? Hope it is still going through ok.

June, do hope the mechanic solves your car problem this morning!

Rose, Hope you get the turf you were promised, don't hold your breath!

Nippy Jen, what a shame about your carpet hope it comes out ok.

Have a lovely day all, God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Raining here this morning, forecast says it is going to clear up during the morning, I really hope so because I doubt the auto locksmith/technician is going to want to spend the morning getting wet. As far as I know there were no more lights flashing/horn blowing last night, had the window open and kept waking up and checking. I'm going to be too scared to drive even if he does fix it in case it does it when I am out, will stay very local and going to ring today and say no more bone runs, which is awful for the girls, but the thought of going anywhere further than a couple of miles makes me feel sick. Its taken years for me to be confident driving further afield and I'm back to square one again.
I'm feeling ill with the worry of it all, I wish they made cars without these computers in, its so scary when it goes wrong.
Just waiting for yung Matthew to ring me.
I'm sure you'll find a really nice local company to do the job at less cost and hassle, Lynn. Small businesses have to work harder these days and value their customers
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »