Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2011, 11:56 AM

My charge for the week (diabetic cat!)

Jingle Jazz is my neighbours 20 year old Diabetic cat! She's such a sweetie, has been diabetic for 2 years, and has no problems with the fussing and poking.

What amazes me is that she has been on insulin for 2 years and is still kicking! She wasn't given very long to live by the vet, and my neighbour was not given very good advice from the vet at the beginning, she nearly didn't make the first 2 weeks after diagnosis, so he went online and found a forum asked advice from others going through the same thing as Jazz, and she pulled through!

But boy am I nervous, I really dont like making her bleed! Though she doesn't seem to care, and sure gave me a talking to when I visited her after work this morning! She is a QUEEN and expects to be treated as such! LOL

I'll get a pic of her this afternoon, if I remember!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2011, 06:30 PM
My cat is 20 we thought she may be diagnosed with kidney failiur but tests came back clear she is very arthritic and a bit wobbly but she can tell the dog a thing or two what she thinks of her ^^