Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 06:15 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Going to be 30 deg down in this little south east corner, and yesterday was hot enough at 28, so not looking forward that. If I wanted these sort of temps, I'd be living in Spain, I like it around 23 with a nice breeze, but hey ho, can't have it all!

We didn't go out last night either I had just had my shower, Dave heard me huffing and puffing cos it was so hot, and he came into the bedroom and smiled, so I asked him what he was laughing at. He said there's me huffing and puffing with the heat, he was worried he'd get a headache going out in that hot sun, cos he'd just moved our car off the drive and it was like stepping out into an oven out there, let alone getting into the car, and did we really want to go out? That was music to my ears, I couldn't wait to just dry my hair and get into my jim jams and be comfy So there we were, an old couple now, who prefers to stay in on their anniversary than go out for a romantic dinner. It was bad enough when we went out last year for it, had dinner at 6 and were home by 9, but now we don't even get there!

Our town would have been heaving anyway, cos they've got the beer festival on, and this restaurant is right down on the seafront, parking would have been a nightmare and we'd have ended up walking miles in that heat, so I don't think it would have been a good evening anyway.

Got the vans done yesterday, and I got chatting with my 4 guests who were still there at 10.30 cos they wanted to meet me. What a laugh they were, and they said it was the best holiday they'd ever had, they had such a laugh, couldn't believe how reasonable all the prices were for good meals everywhere they went and they'll definitely be coming back to stay in the larger van next year. Then I got chatting with my neighbour as I was trying to get everything done, cos she was hanging over her balcony talking to me all the time, and I didn't finish till gone 12 and it was so, so hot, I was exhausted.

Haven't caught up with yesterday's thread, but I hope all is well with everyone along with the doglets, although it seems poor little Pereg is not too well atm Malka, I will have to catch up, and I do hope she's much better this morning.

Lynn, sounds like you had a bit of a tiring day yesterday and nothing much to write home about for your efforts, but I'm sure you'll find some other good ones to view soon.

Enjoy another nice sunny day out there
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Morning H and all,
I am just so loving this weather especially as I don't have to go to work this weekend. I hope it lasts through for Charlys wedding on Thursday that would be the icing on the cake.

I have walked lily this morning, and after a lazy day yesterday of just having my hair done and a friend coming round in the afternoon and doing nothing else I do need to cut my grass today and get several loads of washing done.

Charly and Ash decided to go over the border into Suffolk to a different town (Ipswich) last night and have a night out dressed in fancy dress for a laugh. They then stayed over at a friend of Charly's who lives there. I expect they will be home with hangovers this afternoon .

Happy anniversary for yesterday H.

Hope you all have a lovely day and dogs and yourselves are well. Enjoy the fabulous weather, I certainly am going to make the most of it.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Well.,Helena. that sounded just perfect last evening, but then I don't enjoy eating put etc so I don't do it.

Agree re the heat. There was thick fog here as dawn lightened the skies, and then the mist climbed the mountains very dramatically and clear skies and full sun almost here; a few thin clouds is all. Glad to be near th e coast as we are spared the extremes.. Last time we had temps in the 80s I was living inland and it was not pleasant.

A day ahead; need to make red jams; blackcurrant and orange and raspberry with lavender today, then label all and three cases ready for the week ahead. so I can rest tomorrow .. Jars are soaking already..

Knitting on; small chance of keeping ahead but we can try.. interesting how folk seem to know when you are out of any one thing and ask for that!!

Dogs had a huge piece of raw chicken each so are quiet.

Blessings and peace to all and stay cool and safe
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 07:21 AM

That made me laugh H, you sound just like me. Have a relaxing day the pair of you
Very hot again, Brian has the gout back in his foot, so him and Peps are staying home this morning and will go out later.
Stay cool all.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Morning all. Going to be a hot one here as well. Not up to 30 though I hope. Been out with Taff & took his ball on a rope so he could have a good run before it gets too hot so he's having a lie down now.
What a shame you didn't get to wear your new frock Helena. I'd rather have stayed in as well though
Those jams sound lovely Rosebud. You're going to be busy. Don't overdo it though.
I think the weather should be lovely for the wedding Bev. Hope so anyway.
Going to be a quiet day here today I think. Will probably lie in the garden for a while later.
Enjoy the sun everyone.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Morning everyone

Happy anniversary Helena for yesterday! I am the same as you with temperatures. I hate having to go out covered in sun block but I have fair skin so have to.

Nothing wrong with a romantic evening at home in your jim jams.

Malka - thinking of you and little Pereg. x

I just got back with Loki - oh wow, it is hot!

I just made myself jealous by walking where all the bigger houses are.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Good morning fellow members
Chloe walked, porridge eaten and garden watered before it gets too hot outside .

Not a lot planned today, I think it will be too hot for gardening but I can always find plenty to do.

Enjoy your day everyone...
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

What a glorious morning

Helena - Happy Anniversary for yesterday - I hadn't realised it was a 'special' day You live in beautiful house, gorgeous views etc etc .... why go and sit in a restaurant surrounded by lots of people on a really busy night in that heat when you can do that another night. I think you were wise to abort the meal and enjoy yourselves at home with you sea breeze and views. Your van business is doing so well you should be very proud of all your hard work. A friend of our has a cottage in Looe, Cornwall and has only had 2 booking all year - it is stunning and he can't understand it. A lot of the locals think that when it was announced that we were in for a bad summer the holiday lets market died - especially in the SW. Enjoy your day and walk with Zena.

Bev - Enjoy another very rare day off

Rosebud - I hope you have a productive day with the jams and knitting - a busy one for you.

June - Just saw your post from last night about walking a dog up the hard shoulder on the M25 and the traffic suddenly starting to move again At least you had your son with you as it would have been an awkward moment if all the traffic started moving and yours remained stationary Motorways are fab when they are running well and a nightmare when they aren't.

Lynn - When I started to type you hadn't posted .... you probably have by now though Enjoy your day which hopefully will be a lot more relaxing than yesterday. In reply to your question last night "Have you tried the she wee then ?" .... yes and it was a total disaster. You have to hold it at just the right angle (how can you tell until you've started?) otherwise an upside down waterfall forms and everything gets soaked ..... never again. So much easier for men

Off to walk my gorgeous dogs now .. a little later than planned. See you later.

Has anyone spotted Pat ................. we need to nab her and get her back in here.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Hi to Nippy, Taffsmum, L.S. and Mini who all snuck in while I was typing and day dreaming Enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Morning Helena this is like dejavu I had this written then lost it.
Sorry you and Dave didn't get out last night but if you both agreed you were too tired and hot (old fogies) that's ok then.
I am not surprised really with the change over of the vans and gassing to your neighbour yo were too tired.
Happy Anniversary for yesterday sorry I forgot to mention it yesterday on the thread.

Good luck with the jams Rose.

Morning Jenny sorry to hear Brian has gout again.
Malka I am hoping you and Pereg had a restful night and she is improved today and giving you less cause for concern.
Morning Lynne. We have to get Dillon out in a bit before its to hot but we overslept till 8am.
Morning Linda.

We are devising our plan today for viewing hopefully 3 properties in Suffolk Tuesday one of the them the elusive cottage. That agent is not open till tomorrow nor one of the agents for the houses we are interested in. The other house the agent is open. Best wait make our plan and ring them all first thing tomorrow I reckon. Gorden has a days work tomorrow so we only have Tuesday this week to view.
Had a phone call from my uncles friend last night he is a year younger than mum so 92 and is not at all well he is in a home also so am waiting for call later to update us.
It will be interesting to see what happens with mum if he dies as they seem to do things in parallel like twins.

Enjoy your Sunday all and keep safe in the sun.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »