Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 12:25 PM

Printing from Dogsey - Help

Hiya, can anyone help me, I'm wanting to print stuff off thats on here, but it keeps leaving quite a bit off on the right hand side of the page - any idea's on how to rectify this?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I've always had the same problems Shaza! It misses off a lot of the r/h side doesn't it? I've tried using the print preference and "fit to page", but it still does it. I've tried dragging Dogsey right over to the left hand side of the screen, and yet it still does it!!Annoying isn't it, I hope someone comes along with the answer, sadly I don't have it!!!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 12:50 PM
I remember asking Azz if there was anyway of making Dogsey "printer friendly" and he said at the minute there wasn`t so i copied what i wanted and opened "word" pasted it and printed it that way
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
I remember asking Azz if there was anyway of making Dogsey "printer friendly" and he said at the minute there wasn`t so i copied what i wanted and opened "word" pasted it and printed it that way
Thanks Sarah - a bit long winded for what I need to print but shall have to do it that way, at least it's possible to print it all - A big thankyou
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Hiya, can anyone help me, I'm wanting to print stuff off thats on here, but it keeps leaving quite a bit off on the right hand side of the page - any idea's on how to rectify this?
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
How are you trying to print? Are you simply viewing the web page as normal and choosing File -> Print?

If so then you need to view the printable version of the page before printing. To do this, look at the top of the thread you want to print and there will be a heading called thread tools, which when clicked on gives you a drop down list. At the top is the option to Show Printable Version. You need to choose this and the screen will change the layout to enable you to print.

I have included a screenshot to show you what I mean:

HTH
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Well done!!!! Thanks from me anyway, I've been trying to print off here for 2 years and never managed it!!!!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks Greyhawk, After all this time I cant believe I haven't seen that Thanks ever so much!
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well done!!!! Thanks from me anyway, I've been trying to print off here for 2 years and never managed it!!!!
Thanks Greyhawk, After all this time I cant believe I haven't seen that Thanks ever so much!
You're both very welcome

I'm a mod on a VB board so have to know about the different features and how to use them
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
if you install cute pdf and the converter you can download it here
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

it will print the whole lot
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 07:44 PM
OMG Azz must of added that after i asked, i didnt know it was there

Why didnt you tell us Azz? :smt018