Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:45 PM

Going off her food?

Jaz and the Goldens are fed on the BARF diet. Jaz has been fed on it basically ever since she came to us, apart from a few weeks changing her over. Since then she's really enjoyed her food and has been much better on it.

However, now, she's started going off her food a bit. She leaves quite a lot whereas before the bowl would be licked clean!

I bought her some dog chocolate drops for Christmas, and we use some of those each time we train. Mum says that this is the problem, and that she's developed a sweet tooth.

Could this be possible? How can we get her interested in her food again?

Thanks for any replies.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:52 PM
My dogs only go off their food when they are in season, or in the boys cases when the bitches are in season! Maybe she's coming in or she just isnt feeling well?
Becky
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:00 PM
its said that cavaliers can be fussy eaters I personally don't have any fussy ones ....just keep going with the food and no more choc drops it may be she has sussed they are nicer than food
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Jaz has never usually been fussy. Actually, I'd describe her as a greedy pig. She had her first season late November/December so I don't think its that. I think I'll wean her off the chocolate drops and see if that helps.

Thank you for your advice.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 11:30 PM
She is a cav, so she is probably trying it on to see if you give her a menu!! Hope she starts eating well again real soon x