Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 05:24 AM

Morning, morning, morning!

Morning all,

Trying to play catch up at work and at the moment, I’m running to stand still. I don’t seem to be getting anywhere fast . This will not be helped by me leaving a couple of hours early on Friday……. ah, well!

Feels freezing here today, but at least it's dry

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem:
A man in the Florida supermarket tries to buy half a head of lettuce.

The very young produce assistant tells him that they sell only whole heads of lettuce. The man persists and asks to see the manager. The boy says he'll ask his manager about it.

Walking into the back room, the boy said to his manager, "Some ******* wants to buy half a head of lettuce."

As he finished his sentence, he turned to find the man standing right behind him, so he added, "And this gentleman has kindly offered to buy the other half."

The manager approved the deal, and the man went on his way.

Later the manager said to the boy, "I was impressed with the way you got yourself out of that situation earlier. We like people who think on their feet here. Where are you from, son?"

"Canada, sir," the boy replied.

"Well, why did you leave Canada?" the manager asked.

The boy said, "Sir, there's nothing but whores and hockey players up there."

"Really?" said the manager. "My wife is from Canada."

"No sh*t?" replied the boy. "Who'd she play for?"
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 05:26 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. We have a big meeting today with the software company we got our helpdesk software from (the ones we were training with in Chessington Vicki). They haven't delivered and the system has been live 4 months and still not functioning correctly! My boss is with me though and he's spitting fire. Should be interesting!
Have a good Thursday everyone.
Love the gem Vicki, made me laugh out loud!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. We have a big meeting today with the software company we got our helpdesk software from (the ones we were training with in Chessington Vicki). They haven't delivered and the system has been live 4 months and still not functioning correctly! My boss is with me though and he's spitting fire. Should be interesting!
Have a good Thursday everyone.
Love the gem Vicki, made me laugh out loud!
Morning J - strangely enough, we had the same problem..... we've now "given up" on it, and it cost thousands!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Good morning Hun. Hope you manage to catch up, but don't work youself to a stand still xxx

Cold here today, but otherwise the day is great xx

Have a wonderful day
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Morning J - strangely enough, we had the same problem..... we've now "given up" on it, and it cost thousands!
We may be forced to do the same Vicki My boss is ready to pull the plug and find something else!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Good morning Hun. Hope you manage to catch up, but don't work youself to a stand still xxx

Cold here today, but otherwise the day is great xx

Have a wonderful day
Morning Steph

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
We may be forced to do the same Vicki My boss is ready to pull the plug and find something else!
Know the feeling well.....

Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

Boss is back today so everyone will have to behave themselves, i think i am the only one glad to have him back

@ todays gem

Have a good day all xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.
Misty here at the moment but promises to be a nice day, so Ollie and I will be off over the field in a bit.
Hope today goes smoothly Vicki.
at todays gem, have a good day all.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:55 AM
morning
off to seek legal advice today on what and where i can go with this marriage. feel like poo and dont really know my own mind at the moment. hopefully going to talk to close friend before i go to try and get my head sorted out.

have a good day all
sue
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Morning all!
Teagan has been on her walk, and im just eating breakfast.
A bit worried as i've found a lump under my arm, and symptoms of the cancer I had are lumps in lymph nodes.
I'm going to give it until Monday, and it it's still there, and sore, I will go to the docs.
On a lighter note, I went out on a [1st] date last night! Lovely guy, think he liked me too!
Off to my best friends for tea tonight, and out on another date on Friday!

Ohh, and an update on the divorce....it's been 2 months since I received the petition, and i've still not received the Nisi, and the ex said he's sent it back.
I phoned the courts on Monday, who said they may have lost it, so they will send another petition out to the ex, and I have to hope he signs it.
Should have all been complete by now
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >