Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 05:48 PM

Weeing on nettles

Louie's took to going to the toilet in nettles, not just wee's but poo's too and it's causing him a problem. I noticed a week ago that he was nibbling his penis an awful lot - so I got him to roll over and had a look.

It's not like when we get nettled - it's red (when it happens to us it's white). I've been cleaning it with salt water and rubbing Savlon on it and it seems to be helping clear it up.

I know that CC's can get nettled and it hurts like it would with us and as his groin area is not as hairy as the rest of him I would've thought it would've hurt him too.. Is there anything I need to worry about?

I am trying to stop him going number 2's in nettles - but once they squat it's a bit hard to move them away..
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Louie's took to going to the toilet in nettles, not just wee's but poo's too and it's causing him a problem. I noticed a week ago that he was nibbling his penis an awful lot - so I got him to roll over and had a look.

It's not like when we get nettled - it's red (when it happens to us it's white). I've been cleaning it with salt water and rubbing Savlon on it and it seems to be helping clear it up.

I know that CC's can get nettled and it hurts like it would with us and as his groin area is not as hairy as the rest of him I would've thought it would've hurt him too.. Is there anything I need to worry about?
I am trying to stop him going number 2's in nettles - but once they squat it's a bit hard to move them away..

Yeah his brain LOL

Urtica Urens homoeathic treatment reduces the sting.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yeah his brain LOL

Urtica Urens homoeathic treatment reduces the sting.
Thank you
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 05:59 PM
This is a strange one do you mean he actively seeks out nettles! I think Nettle stink is histamine and antidote is alkaline. If they where any about we used to use dock leaves as chidren.You could try baking soda.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Stop him from going in the nettles.....
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2011, 07:26 PM
ive never been affected by nettles, funny enough
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by rueben View Post
This is a strange one do you mean he actively seeks out nettles! I think Nettle stink is histamine and antidote is alkaline. If they where any about we used to use dock leaves as chidren.You could try baking soda.
You know what - I think he does. They do seem to have sprung up in their loads this spring..

Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
ive never been affected by nettles, funny enough
Lucky for some!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Mine wee and poo in nettles, seemingly by choice. They have never had any ill effects though, so I presumed it didn't affect them the same as us.

Hope he is feeling better soon!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Mine wee and poo in nettles, seemingly by choice. They have never had any ill effects though, so I presumed it didn't affect them the same as us.

Hope he is feeling better soon!
You ask Pilgrim - Ludi (CC) does not do nettles! He screamed blue murder when he came round to ours and ran through some - poor thing..

He seems right though - he's not complained, doesn't seem ill or anything, just nibbles his bits more..

He does like having it cleaned though - must be a male thing
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Yes, my girl does this too.

Not so easy picking up poo with easily torn poo bags!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >